GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Advance..Underpowered or under programmed???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/09/01 at 00:54
Regular
Yeah!!!!!!GAMEBOY ADVANCE RULZ BUT THE GAMES Dont take advantage!!WHERES THE 32bit wotsumacallit processor power being hidden??Where the full polygon mipmapped z-buffered, quake clones??..No where is the sad answer, games like GT championship ..ok they do have perfectly good gameplay...But its not the spectacular eye candy one expected having just shelled out on the worlds most advanced handheld gaming system.On the 2D front we have the BEAUTIFUL Rayman Advance, and the mario series but come on people this is stuff a SNES could do if it really wanted to, WE WANT 3D, WE WANT POLYGONS.I rest my case...
If anyone feels they've got to correct my misguided thoughts, or indeed add a few more points to my brilliant observations,--->email me: [email protected]
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:54
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Yeah!!!!!!GAMEBOY ADVANCE RULZ BUT THE GAMES Dont take advantage!!WHERES THE 32bit wotsumacallit processor power being hidden??Where the full polygon mipmapped z-buffered, quake clones??..No where is the sad answer, games like GT championship ..ok they do have perfectly good gameplay...But its not the spectacular eye candy one expected having just shelled out on the worlds most advanced handheld gaming system.On the 2D front we have the BEAUTIFUL Rayman Advance, and the mario series but come on people this is stuff a SNES could do if it really wanted to, WE WANT 3D, WE WANT POLYGONS.I rest my case...
If anyone feels they've got to correct my misguided thoughts, or indeed add a few more points to my brilliant observations,--->email me: [email protected]
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:59
Regular
i hate nitpickers
Fri 14/09/01 at 01:12
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
You're comparing this to the playstation aren't you.

*shakes head
Fri 14/09/01 at 01:17
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
No Im not but lest face it its a great little machine but no ones taking their time to squeeze the power out of it.
Fri 14/09/01 at 01:31
it would be a bit hard seeing how small the carts sre
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:48
Regular
tigamilla wrote:
> No Im not but lest face it its a great little machine but no ones
> taking their time to squeeze the power out of it.

Mate have you seen the graphics on Tony Hawks 2, tsk tsk if thats not using most the power then I dont know what is. What are you expecting Tomb Raider in full 3d or something.
Fri 14/09/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Surely you don't want a two kilo GBA, which is probably what it would be if it WAS exactly like a playstation at that size.
Fri 14/09/01 at 20:41
Regular
a nitpicker is someone who always finds faults with something ie the Game boy advance and then goes about putting it down because of these minor faults

i mean the bloody console has only just been released not four months ago!
what do you expect super amazing games in the first week? oh please it is at least six months before head turning titles are released

you kids have no patience

why in my day...*trails off* we wore onions on our belts .it was the fashion those days
Sat 15/09/01 at 01:22
Why the hell do you want 3D polygons on a simple HANDHELD. Yes it is 32bit but it doesn't mean that the Game Boy Advance can produce exact same graphical quality of Playstation. The GBA uses pixels just like the SNES and Mega Drive did. Some games use mode 7 graphics just like the SNES Super FX chip, but with more processing power. 3D games are currently under development such as Doom and some others. Without the use of polygons it is almost impossible to produce 3D graphics, so good luck to Nintendo. If Nintendo wanted the GBA to produce full polygon 3D graphics it would make the unit larger and a lot more expensive. The price from developing such a unit could have increased the price to around £300. I bet you would complain about that. If you want a hand held console, then put up and shut up. If not, buy a Home Games Console.
Sat 15/09/01 at 01:31
You can't simply judge the graphics of a console on a quick few releases. To be honest I was disappointed with the PSX's graphics when I first saw them as I was expecting so much more, but slowly the graphics started to improve. You can't properly judge the consoles without taking into consideration that one is handheld and one isn't, and that one has been released for 6 years and one has been released for 6 weeks!

*I know the dates are wrong, but I'm not certain how long they've been out, but I think the PSX came out before the GBA did, correct me if I'm wrong there.*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.