GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Advance..Underpowered or under programmed???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/09/01 at 00:54
Regular
Yeah!!!!!!GAMEBOY ADVANCE RULZ BUT THE GAMES Dont take advantage!!WHERES THE 32bit wotsumacallit processor power being hidden??Where the full polygon mipmapped z-buffered, quake clones??..No where is the sad answer, games like GT championship ..ok they do have perfectly good gameplay...But its not the spectacular eye candy one expected having just shelled out on the worlds most advanced handheld gaming system.On the 2D front we have the BEAUTIFUL Rayman Advance, and the mario series but come on people this is stuff a SNES could do if it really wanted to, WE WANT 3D, WE WANT POLYGONS.I rest my case...
If anyone feels they've got to correct my misguided thoughts, or indeed add a few more points to my brilliant observations,--->email me: [email protected]
Sun 16/09/01 at 20:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Everyone thinks that because it hasn't got as much power as new consoles like the PS2 it's not very good, now the people that read this will disagree, but you all know the truth, people hate this machine, the reason why is because it's new and because it hasn't made as much of an impact as the bigger consoles.
It's a great little thing, you can sit in the back of the car on a long travel and play the same games you play in your bedroom.
it's in full colour, it's small than the GBC and it plays better games with more power! what could you want out a fully portable games console?
your right, it's not at it's peak yet, but the PS2 has only just started releasing good games, that show off it's full power.
does anyone know what it's full power is, and when it's used, will you notice? I don't think so, if you have fun, it's worth it's money, if it works well with the GC like Nintendo say it will, then my £90 will have been spent well, I mean, come on people! it's £80 now! the GBC is £50! and the GBA games are played the same amount of power that PSone games are played on!
madness.
Sun 16/09/01 at 19:26
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Dringo wrote:
> MARIO>>>KART>>>SUPER>>>CIRCUIT!

nuff said :D
Sun 16/09/01 at 19:14
Regular
MARIO>>>KART>>>SUPER>>>CIRCUIT!
Sun 16/09/01 at 19:03
So the GBA is slow off the mark ,but this doesn't mean its pants,Nintendo really needed to put their release date for the gba back so some worthwhile games are actually outI think it has the power,but so far no game has actually gained from it.Its power is as good (or better) than a snes,so why don't the nintendo dudes get a really good game out, and make playstation owners cack their pants and drop their jaws .Whatsmore me and my friends agree ,the longer that nintendo leave the gba with hardly any games , more ps2 owners will emerge .I think under programmin is to blaim .Perhaps most of the attention is to the gamecube ,which is the next revolutionary console that nintendo has to offer .The gba should also be a classic bit of hardware that never goes to the bottom of your cupboard .
I have loved every nintendo console and i find that some games that get the consoles full power are brilliant ,but so far the gba hasn't impressed me .For example ,Tony Hawk's skateboarding game for the gba has good graphics ,but isn't very playable and gets boring .Perhaps Perfect Dark or something really really fun to play on ?
Iguess its just a matter of waiting:(
Sat 15/09/01 at 21:24
Regular
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Sat 15/09/01 at 15:23
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Its a good like handheld but it hasn't reached its full potential
Sat 15/09/01 at 13:17
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> wow, FULL COLOUR what will they think of next.

i've come over all
> faint by the thought of it.

LOL, cheeky kid! I didn't realise you knew about GOOD consoles before the GBA that had FULL COLOUR screens.
Sat 15/09/01 at 11:12
Regular
You ain't seen doom has you? one word, WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Sat 15/09/01 at 11:09
"period drama"
wow, FULL COLOUR what will they think of next.

i've come over all faint by the thought of it.
Sat 15/09/01 at 10:19
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The GBA's not good? your kidding yourself, they've only just started making games for it, what did you expect? when they get used to making games for such a small console hopefully you'll be less gratful, it's a very high powered machine, with FULL COLOUR! this is the perfect travelling companion!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.