GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"metal gear solid 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Fri 10/10/03 at 01:45
Regular
"BAGAN"
metal gear solid 3 is the best ps2 game in the world so start savin up people if u want the game ops2 give it 10 out of 10 for the gameplay so people get it wen it comes out ok peace out me people by david bagan
Sun 19/10/03 at 12:57
"period drama"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Metal Gear Solid 2 I personally thought was highly average. The dart
> gun made it too easy. The distance before they see you is stupid. It
> looked nice enough but wasn’t stunning. There were too many cut
> scenes, which tended to drag on a bit.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, it had some nice touches and I did enjoy playing
> it. But great? Meh?

100% correct.
But a lot of people, even after playing it, are blinded by the hype surrounding the game. It was distinctly average.
And most of the ideas / settings / set-pieces / bosses were ripped straight out of the original

But although the cut-scene were WAY too long, they were some of the best scenes ever in there. Ocelot stealing RAY and Vamp killing the SEALS in particular.
Sat 18/10/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Metal Gear Solid 2 I personally thought was highly average. The dart gun made it too easy. The distance before they see you is stupid. It looked nice enough but wasn’t stunning. There were too many cut scenes, which tended to drag on a bit.

Don’t get me wrong, it had some nice touches and I did enjoy playing it. But great? Meh?
Sat 18/10/03 at 22:59
Regular
"the great hazel"
i saw a screenshot of a crocidile on the game and it was very deailed until snake killed it.
Sat 18/10/03 at 22:58
Regular
"the great hazel"
Metal gear solid 2 was great but come on MGS3 is the best game ever
Tue 14/10/03 at 20:26
"Sony/PS2/Best"
OK...
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:37
"period drama"
Eat_Those_Snakes wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Probably - but this guy'll still say it's the best.
> He'll never stop saying it until he dies trying to sneak around an
> army base in a cardboard box.

I was talking about you.

"but this guy'll still say it's the best"

That's you - you are 'this guy'
And all the rest too.

It's what we-in-the-business refer to as 'a joke'
W00!
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:35
"period drama"
MGS3 is going back to the very first Metal Gear game which was on the ... erm ... SNES I think (but probably not).
If you read all the shiznit is MGS1 and 2 you'll know Snake beat Big Boss twice before (the 2 previous 2D games) and had actually retired before MGS1 on the PSX.
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:28
If you guys want the truth on it here it is. That is not snake its Big Boss himself as the image of snake. remember they are clones like snake and liquid so its like him but its not. MGS3 is going back in time with fellow vietnam war i think
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:40
"Sony/PS2/Best"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Probably - but this guy'll still say it's the best.
> He'll never stop saying it until he dies trying to sneak around an
> army base in a cardboard box.

Who's that? Snake?
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:15
"period drama"
Probably - but this guy'll still say it's the best.
He'll never stop saying it until he dies trying to sneak around an army base in a cardboard box.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.