GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA upgrades confirmed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Fri 10/10/03 at 05:46
Regular
"8==="
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/454/454117p1.html

Summary:

*Better sound
*Better graphics
*Custom soundtracks
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:30
Regular
Ah right! Okay.

I would imagine they'd of done that anyway to some extent - All xbox games use the hard drive to help with loading times and game worlds. Ever noticed that when you first load a new game - A file is created that is like 8 blocks in size? That's saved to the hard drive instead of the memory (which is what the PS2/Gamecube do) meaning it's a lot faster.

Obviously not everyone's good with technical information (like myself) so i'm not entirely sure if this is right.

And TV's only have a resolution of like 640 x 480 I think.

Looking forward to Xbox GTA?

I am.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:25
Regular
I mean if they actually started using the hardrive, installing certain components and such like, much like Morrowind does with it's save system, then you'd find the game would be able to run with higher resololtions and more detail.

At the moment the game will be loading everything off the DVD, like it did on the PS2. I'm not completly up on all of the technical crap, but I'm pretty sure that if there were large files installed on to the hardrive, the Xbox would have more memory to be able to push more detailed textures, better lighting and all that kinda stuff around a lot easier.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:20
Regular
Erm? eh?

Give us an explanation Tiltawhirl - What you talking about?
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:20
Regular
"That's right!"
"Then you say it still looks like an old PS2 game."

You know what I mean. They look like old PS2 games, not brand spanking new PC games.

Even with the upgrades they still look pants compared to a lot of PC games.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:12
Regular
Considering the amount of city and things the console has to load in all at once, it's not really suprising that the game is a bit of a minger.

Until they start making proper use of the Xbox's hardrive, me thinks it'll probably stay this way.
Fri 10/10/03 at 11:57
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Thats the conclusion I got too GoatBoy.
Fri 10/10/03 at 11:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> While it (and VC) was better than the PS2 version it DID still look
> like an old PS2 game.
--

So your saying that the PC version was better than the PS2 version, fair enough.
Then you say it still looks like an old PS2 game.

Soooo, that means GTA & VC on the PS2 looked like an old PS2 game?
Fri 10/10/03 at 10:46
Regular
"8==="
Still, a gold star for effort is deserved. :D
Fri 10/10/03 at 10:44
Regular
"That's right!"
*Better sound
*Better graphics
*Custom soundtracks

They said that about the PC version.

While it (and VC) was better than the PS2 version it DID still look like an old PS2 game.
Fri 10/10/03 at 10:42
Regular
"8==="
Yes any reference to Dolby Digital and Xbox usually brings up one name doesn't it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.