GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mystique cannot over whelm the power of the darkside"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 21:34
Regular
its true its true
i am thinking of getting me a gamecube after seeing the latest screen shots namely the bio-hazard ones(i know its resident evil but i fancied saying bio-hazard)

oh dont worry i still love my PS2 no force on earth can make me abandon it *bows before her PS2*

put i have noticed a few things that just seem to be drawing me to the dark side

Batman--come on who doesnt want to drive the bat-mobile
Zelda-- i've always loved the zelda games
The Advance link up where the sprite falls into the advance screen.
Graphics--shallow i know but oooooooo

i'm not gonna rush out and buy me a gamecube on the release day.
so people gamecube website links would be helpful

and if any of you "ninty" people start a console war then i will very miffed

*hears a voice"
it is your destiny....
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:18
"possibly impossible"
I see what you mean about the Resi Evil games, but it is nice sometimes to have an updated version with smarter graphics. Capcom usually add bits to their remakes as well, making it a bit of a better purchase.

If only they made it for ALL the platforms, everyone would be happy, but I guess we'll see later on...
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:08
"High polygon count"
Oh, and I agree with your thoughts on 'exclusive' titles.
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:07
"High polygon count"
pb wrote:
> Yep, as the Final Fantasy games should have stayed on the
> Nintendo format....

I was just suggesting that if they wanted a single format, PlayStation would have been a more logical choice, as most of the games are already on that format, and they wouldn't need to spend money re-developing games which are upto 6 years old.

As for the FF series, I'd not have been bothered - I had FF7 and didn't enjoy it enough to even bother getting off the first disc!

The lastest versions look incredibly pretty, but they're not titles I'll be buying.
Thu 13/09/01 at 22:29
"possibly impossible"
It was merely a reply to Wookie's comment. I see no reason for exclusive games, it just makes customers of all the other consoles unhappy.

Very few people can buy all the consoles and if you get one then see games you like on another, it can be quite annoying (in a pant splitting Hulk sort of way!)

I know all the marketing reasons behind it of course, if a game is exclusive to one console, then that console will sell more (hopefully), but then all consoles and games are there to make money, aren't they? No matter how much fun we have playing the things, the companies wouldn't survive without their revenue and console manufacturers will always try nasty tricks to get their console sold to as many people as possible before releasing loads more games and watching the money roll in (or not in some cases)
Thu 13/09/01 at 22:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I don't see why Final Fantasy games shouldn't make a reappearance on the Gamecube, apart from the original tiff between Square (the developer of the series) and Nintendo.

It's not Sony that have exclusivity on the series, it's who Square decides to develop the series for that determines which console it gets released on.

Nintendo gamers should start a petition and send it to Square asking for the series to be brought out for the GC.
Thu 13/09/01 at 22:17
"possibly impossible"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> No shame in that - I've been considering it for a while.

It's a
> shame that Mikami decided to go that way, considering that the the
> majority of the original RE titles are already on the PlayStation
> format, but hey - it's not the end of the world.

Yep, as the Final Fantasy games should have stayed on the Nintendo format....
Thu 13/09/01 at 21:59
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The gamecube looks good, but the X-Box is starting to turn heads, the games on all formats are worth a look at least, it all depends on what type of games your intrested in.
Well, it seems that the most recent consoles are making the same games anyway.
SSB:M looks great, I still don't know whos in it + resedent Evil! wahoo!
Thu 13/09/01 at 21:53
"High polygon count"
I have to admit that, even if I get a Gamecube, I'm not convinced that I'll buy updates of 6-year-old games (the earlier Resi's) unless there are significant changes to the structure, other than graphics.
Thu 13/09/01 at 21:51
Regular
have u seen Smash Bro's Melee!!! Now that looks good. And good on you i'm sick of people taking "console" sides.

*Rickoss goes to confess his sins*
Thu 13/09/01 at 21:48
Regular
www.planetgamecube.com

www.tendobox.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.