GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rebel Strike"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Rebel Strike'.
Fri 10/10/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Been looking for some detail on this game and found no new recent info, checked out movie etc on C-E and other sites screenshots and previews and wondered what sort of opinions the mags/trusted websites have given on it, have many of you pre-ordered it ? I see a certain shop are doing a bonus disc with pre-orders containing the original 1982 Star Wars game.

After all that waffling is the game going to be any good ?
Wed 15/10/03 at 12:23
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, you want to go to IT instead. Far better! (of course they don't do mail order and are only an independent, so SR are a better substitute for the larger stuff - besides them being excellent).

Enough crawling?
Wed 15/10/03 at 12:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The GAME in Exeter has staff that worship anything on XBox.

I was playing Otogi quite happily on a demo stand, and a dude came over and said, 'god! this is amazing! You get to break things and run riot!'

Of course ignoring me when I played on (the rather good) Rebel Strike demo.
Wed 15/10/03 at 12:09
"possibly impossible"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> it was a Manager I spoke to so I
> guess he knew what he was talking about ?

Don't bet on it! There may be a few Game stores where some staff are more knowledgable (like er-no's) but others like my local in Exeter...well...

Anyway, there's an alleged second disc with the game anyway, similar to Zelda.

Oh, and I'm sure Snuggly jumps up and down at the mere mention of a rival game store's name anyway. It's just his way ;-)
Tue 14/10/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
IB, it is Game yes, look on their website for full info, BUT I went into my local store at lunchtime to pre-order and hopefully collect my bonus disc, only to be told the Bonus Disc will come packaged with the game (when bought from Game) it was a Manager I spoke to so I guess he knew what he was talking about ?

So I will now just buy on day of release (from Game)
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Can we clarify that it is GAME offering the bonus disc? Snuggly can jump up and down all he likes about mentioning what they're doing, but if they're offering a bonus disc and SR aren't then we're talking about something that SR don't supply anyway, and hence it is not direct competition.
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:30
"possibly impossible"
I really want this game. I had a look at the ign network previews and play tests, especially the multiplayer ones.

YOU CAN HAVE SPEEDER BIKE RACES AROUND ENDOR!!! Plus Blow each other up in AT-ATs AT-STs, Xwings and more AND Play the WHOLE of Rogue Leader as a multiplayer!

I mean, with a great looking single player too playing as Luke Skywalker on foot and in various craft, what more could you want?
Sat 11/10/03 at 22:51
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Darwock wrote:
> The bonus disc WILL be out before the game. Some people have the US
> bonus disc already.

I guessed it was as there are quite a few people taling about it on the gamefaqs Rebel Strike forum
Sat 11/10/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Rickoss wrote:
> Are GblahblahblahE the only ones giving out the bonus disc?
>
> If so, crap, because I pre-ordered it from somewhere else.

yes they are
Fri 10/10/03 at 17:07
Regular
Are GblahblahblahE the only ones giving out the bonus disc?

If so, crap, because I pre-ordered it from somewhere else.
Fri 10/10/03 at 17:00
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The bonus disc WILL be out before the game. Some people have the US bonus disc already.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.