GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Least favourite quote"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/10 at 08:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Everyone has their own favourite quotes, but no-one ever mentions quotes that they don't like.

They say you can tell a lot about someone's personality by the quotes that they like, but I guess the same can be said about quotes they dislike.

Apart from my car-insurance quotes each year, my least favourite quote is

[I]"It is better to have loved and lost than never loved at all"[I]

I really dislike this. Mainly because I think it's not true at all. Most heartbreak is worst than the positive loved-up feeling you get from being in love. In fact, the very feeling of love is sometimes quite negative.

Maybe I am looking at this quote the wrong way, or just through a singleton's eyes, but either way it is one of the quotes that I hate people throwing my direction.

How about yours?
Thu 08/04/10 at 08:19
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I think alot of people would have felt better about finding love before they got hurt. I know i did.
Wed 07/04/10 at 10:43
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Perhaps that is true. But to be honest I felt better looking for love before I experienced it and fell out of it.

Perhaps I had one bad experience and when the right person (I guess "for the time" for the quote to work) maybe then it will be a good one for me.
Wed 07/04/10 at 10:08
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Butch wrote:
> The only time it may come across as a 'bad' quote is when some
> pillock says it to you just after you have had your heart
> broken.

Yes its a good qoute. There is a bad time to use it. Ive had that said to me just after a break up with someone i was with 7 years. I was heartbroken at the time. Really didnt want to hear it.

As for bad qoutes if ive come across one it was prob that bad i forgot about it. I do tend to keep the good ones in my head rather then the bad.
Wed 07/04/10 at 09:57
Regular
"THFC"
"And its Arsenal,
Arseeeenal FC
The finest Football Team,
The world has ever seen"

thats not a quote, but still a bad chant!
Wed 07/04/10 at 09:52
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The quote you have given is actually rather a good one as it is true. Despite your bad experiences recently you can't honestly tell me the 'good times' wern't worth it. Plus it's character building :)

The only time it may come across as a 'bad' quote is when some pillock says it to you just after you have had your heart broken.

Back on topic, I don't have any least favourite quotes as I only tend to remember ones I like or ones I can relate to.

Scratch that, do mis-quotations count? Plenty of them I dislike (being a bit of a sci-fi nerd) when I hear them quoted!
Wed 07/04/10 at 08:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Everyone has their own favourite quotes, but no-one ever mentions quotes that they don't like.

They say you can tell a lot about someone's personality by the quotes that they like, but I guess the same can be said about quotes they dislike.

Apart from my car-insurance quotes each year, my least favourite quote is

[I]"It is better to have loved and lost than never loved at all"[I]

I really dislike this. Mainly because I think it's not true at all. Most heartbreak is worst than the positive loved-up feeling you get from being in love. In fact, the very feeling of love is sometimes quite negative.

Maybe I am looking at this quote the wrong way, or just through a singleton's eyes, but either way it is one of the quotes that I hate people throwing my direction.

How about yours?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.