GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Least favourite quote"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/10 at 08:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Everyone has their own favourite quotes, but no-one ever mentions quotes that they don't like.

They say you can tell a lot about someone's personality by the quotes that they like, but I guess the same can be said about quotes they dislike.

Apart from my car-insurance quotes each year, my least favourite quote is

[I]"It is better to have loved and lost than never loved at all"[I]

I really dislike this. Mainly because I think it's not true at all. Most heartbreak is worst than the positive loved-up feeling you get from being in love. In fact, the very feeling of love is sometimes quite negative.

Maybe I am looking at this quote the wrong way, or just through a singleton's eyes, but either way it is one of the quotes that I hate people throwing my direction.

How about yours?
Fri 09/04/10 at 10:02
Regular
"How Ironic"
"Go and teach your grandmother to suck eggs".

If anyone can give me the underlying message of this saying, well you're doing better than me.

"He doesn't sufffer fools gladly".

Again, explanation?
Fri 09/04/10 at 09:03
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Haha, i like it Pete!
Fri 09/04/10 at 08:56
Regular
"I like turtles"
Maybe we should make a new saying made up of our least favourite quotes.So far we would have ''It's better to have loved some fish,then to p*** in the sea''.
Fri 09/04/10 at 08:09
Regular
"There's plenty more fish in the sea"

Not really a quote, but it's such an annoying phrase. Sure there's plenty of cod, and maybe even a swordfish or two out there, but you're hardly likely to find that giant squid you've been searching for your entire life again.

Metaphorically speaking...
Thu 08/04/10 at 20:27
Regular
"I like turtles"
I've never got why some people say ''I wouldn't p*** on him if he was on fire''.Like you would be doing them a favour by putting out the fire in that way ? :S
Thu 08/04/10 at 10:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I get you. You do need regrets. Passing up the opportunity to do something less worthwhile. I guess the message of that quote should be more, don't sit back worrying on the regrets, else you'll pass up the chance to do something more worthwhile.

But yeah, see your status update pop up occasionally!
Thu 08/04/10 at 08:54
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Leas't fave qoutes. I guess anything that's about 'dont regret anything in life'.

Now i dont know if you have seen ive used these on status updates? I have used them and read them over and over again thinking. Yeah life is to short to have regrets. But no, i have regrets!

No matter how many times i sit and say. its what i wanted at the time.. it dont make me feel better. I always getting people banging regret qoutes in messages. I regret it... end of! lol
Thu 08/04/10 at 08:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I guess it's not all bad. I barely get any time to myself as it is, let alone with a girlfriend in tow. But interestingly I have found ways to occupy myself to fill the void of being lonely whilst being single (and the whole website development for my site started when I broke up with my ex - heh, choosing work rather than closure...never again).

So what are your least favourite quotes?
Thu 08/04/10 at 08:42
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Ive been single that long i dont remember what its like been in a relationship lol. Its not all bad though.
Thu 08/04/10 at 08:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Vee wrote:
> I think alot of people would have felt better about finding love
> before they got hurt. I know i did.

I think it's the long, barren waits between losing the love and finding it again that gets me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.