GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ever wonder..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/10 at 08:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
...if your life is on TV (ala Truman Show). I'm sure you knew I was going to bring this topic up as me talking to myself about it has probably been broadcast around the world by now :p

I only say this because I say things at home and some how they affect what people say and do at work. A mention of someone will cause them to phone me - usually regarding what subject I was talking about.

I think I may be becoming paranoid! But it's creeping me out how often this is all happening :p

Have you had simila moments where you may think the same thing?
Wed 07/04/10 at 08:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
...if your life is on TV (ala Truman Show). I'm sure you knew I was going to bring this topic up as me talking to myself about it has probably been broadcast around the world by now :p

I only say this because I say things at home and some how they affect what people say and do at work. A mention of someone will cause them to phone me - usually regarding what subject I was talking about.

I think I may be becoming paranoid! But it's creeping me out how often this is all happening :p

Have you had simila moments where you may think the same thing?
Wed 07/04/10 at 09:38
Regular
"And in last place.."
I've actually discussed this sort of thing with a guy at work. We have 2 theories about the place we work. Let's just say I work with a lot of strange people and there are some illogical actions.

1. This is a big brother type experiment to see how long it will take for someone to break.

2. This is actually an asylum and we are patients who all believe we work in IT. The boss from down south who comes up every few weeks is actually the psychiatrist checking up on our progress.
Wed 07/04/10 at 10:02
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
dav2612 wrote:
> 2. This is actually an asylum and we are patients who all believe
> we work in IT. The boss from down south who comes up every few
> weeks is actually the psychiatrist checking up on our progress.

Running with this theme, after watching Shutter Island on Monday my friend was seriously considering the fact he might be crazy and we were, in fact, all actors allowing him to live out whatever fantasy he has invented.

These theories can easily be given 'evidence' by those who want to believe them. If you think about it, how do you, without a shadow of a doubt, know that there are other things going on in places were you are not. Unless you have some kind of hidden camera set up in select locations or are, in fact, omnipresent, you don't. Some people can easily get sucked in to these stories and conspiracies if they think too much about this like this...

Me? This doesn't bother me as I know I'm the centre of the Universe :)
Wed 07/04/10 at 10:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
It's like today at work, they all wondered what was up. went in as normal, didn't do a thing different.

Likewise, everyone (and I mean everyone) seems to know my business, even if it happened in private (and I didn't post it on facebook).

It is extraordinary strange.

How do we know this isn't all a set up?
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:20
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Well unless you are posting your stuff on facebook i dont know anything. Truman show was an alright film, would you really be able to sit and watch someones life? Ok i know we watch soaps and stuff but thats different isnt it? However could these soaps we watch really be real life? lol
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:30
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Vee wrote:
> Well unless you are posting your stuff on facebook i dont know
> anything. Truman show was an alright film, would you really be
> able to sit and watch someones life? Ok i know we watch soaps and
> stuff but thats different isnt it? However could these soaps we
> watch really be real life? lol

I thought it may be down to facebook, but certain things that happen that are not linked...

As for watching people's lives - well, I'm sure you'd be glued to my story - I have lots of weird quirks that generally are hilarious!
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:34
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
HM wrote:
> As for watching people's lives - well, I'm sure you'd be glued to
> my story - I have lots of weird quirks that generally are
> hilarious!

My lifes one big drama, id get alot more interest then Eastenders lol x
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Vee wrote:
> My lifes one big drama, id get alot more interest then Eastenders
> lol x

Anything could be more interesting than Eastenders.

I'm feeling slightly less paranoid now. But it's when you think about it and really mull it over that it really creeps me out :s
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:44
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I know what you mean. When i first watched it i thought it happens. I got paranoid especially when i moved in to this house where i am. They those alarm censors in the corners of room. I get paranoid that they would be cameras. In fact anything unusal that seemed out of place in a room. Vents in walls, id shut them because i thought someone would be watching the otherside. I laugh about it now.

Dont you find though if you watch something that really gets you thinking or creeps you out though, thats whats going on around you or is bound to happen? I know i do hehe
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:50
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I close vents and cracks in the wardrobe doors just because I think it could have been set that way to allow a camera in. Only sometimes though.

If I feel as though I have been set up, I tend to just wave a middle finger around in a fixed spot as to pretend I know where a camera is. Or just go up to a crack in the wall or something and peer at it as if it has a camera in it. I just like to think that if it is real, then I'm giving the monitors a bit of a panic attack thinking I've rumbled them.

And after reading that, I think I must be paranoid!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.