GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, your Halo opinions?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I finally got this working on Snuggly's PC, and it rocks. there was something slightly odd about the graphics though. Not sure if they were better or worse - just...different? The gameplay itself is absolutely fantastic. Watching someone climb into one of those Banshees, fly around whilst shooting and then get blown out of the sky by a tank is stunningly beautiful to watch. Can't wait to play it again.
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:16
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Just like to take this opportunity to say I've just finished the game. :)

**MINOR SPOILER ALERT**

Quite like the last scene, going flat out in the Warthog, with explosions all around etc. Not sure why there's so many ramps, tunnels etc, but it's all good fun! :)

Just a shame there isn't an end-game boss, plus the end sequence is pretty run-of-the-mill (although I like it where the Chief takes off his helmet, but his face is conceiled - sneaky).

Overall - an OK game I 'spose. But seeing as it's meant to be X-Box's killer game, a let-down all in all. Shame really.
Tue 14/10/03 at 12:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cyclone wrote:
> Seeing as the XBox version ran fine (except for some slowdown in
> co-op) then I guess the PC version is more bugged.

About two, that hardly impair the game.

I can't wait to see the mods that come out for this game, hopefully someone will be kind enough to provide the co-op mode shunted out by Gearbox (Why?) though some new levels, weapons and enemies wouldn't go amiss either.
Mon 13/10/03 at 22:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Seeing as the XBox version ran fine (except for some slowdown in co-op) then I guess the PC version is more bugged.
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:40
So for those who've played both the Xbox and PC versions (which would be a bit silly come to think of it) - is the multiplayer worth it over the Xbox version? Would you say the Xbox version was less glitchier? Comments dudes.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The only bugs I encountered, apart from the occasional slow down when too much was happening on screen was an odd sound bug where voices in cut-scenes ocassionally cut out for no reason. Small bugs though, I never found they impeded on my enjoyment of the game.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
littered with bugs that is.

I wrote those words... I know I did... so where did they go?
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Is it littered, as many websites, including the BBC, have claimed?
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It's fun in parts, crap in others. Some nice outdoor environments hampered by some bloody awful interior levels but I did love those vehicles. All in all though, not the best game I've ever played, certainly fun and with a nice multiplayer, but after finishing it once, I doubt I'll go back anytime in the near future to takle it on a harder difficulty setting.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I finally got this working on Snuggly's PC, and it rocks. there was something slightly odd about the graphics though. Not sure if they were better or worse - just...different? The gameplay itself is absolutely fantastic. Watching someone climb into one of those Banshees, fly around whilst shooting and then get blown out of the sky by a tank is stunningly beautiful to watch. Can't wait to play it again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.