GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, your Halo opinions?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I finally got this working on Snuggly's PC, and it rocks. there was something slightly odd about the graphics though. Not sure if they were better or worse - just...different? The gameplay itself is absolutely fantastic. Watching someone climb into one of those Banshees, fly around whilst shooting and then get blown out of the sky by a tank is stunningly beautiful to watch. Can't wait to play it again.
Fri 31/10/03 at 20:31
Regular
damn i feel so cool.

whenever a TK appears, and i see that he is intentionally shooting others, i kick in my 'kick the sh*t outta him' scheme, where i'll personally set aside my task to hunt down and kill the TK in an ins**tant. but that dis**tracts me, but i like it. the las**t TK i met left within minutes of me doin' it. the las**t words he said were "i hate you", so i kinda feel guilty. well, he was verging on TK in the game before, where i was sat in a ghos**t carrying the flag, and there was a s**talemate going on, so i hid - and he comes along and s**tarts shooting me...
Fri 31/10/03 at 20:12
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:

> although I would love to try a deathmatch with banshees

Damn annoying when your playing in teams and the other side has both of them, and with the rest of their team as snipers. It's almost impossible to down them.
Fri 31/10/03 at 18:53
Regular
hmm, i reckon halo single player has it's appeal too, because it's simple, but rocks! for example, it's hilarious to hear the elite's voice, and splicing them in the back with a needler when they're not looking is satisfying. not to mention the needler's effect when lots are stuck on someone. the sound is similar to smashing glass, and the visual effect is nice to look at, even though, like other things, it's simple.
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:12
Regular
a mate has it and said he didn't think there's a co-op mode on it, is this true, because if so that's terrible, my favourite aspect of halo on xbox was playing co-op.

although I would love to try a deathmatch with banshees
Sat 18/10/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
And it looks like MS will be doing a bundle which packages the Halo game, Midtown Madness 3 and a console with a pad for 139.99 from 24th October if certain sites news stories are correct.
Fri 17/10/03 at 18:36
Well, judging by the comments the Xbox version seems all round "nicer", so come Xmas (along with a shiny new Xbox from the money given by Momma and Pappa) I'll be picking up a copy of Halo too.
Fri 17/10/03 at 17:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yup, yup and yup.

HL2 and MP2 (both Metroid and old Payne boy) shall be more than enough.

Although Metroid Prime 2 ain't for quite a while.

I.e eons.
Fri 17/10/03 at 12:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Halo, good but nothing special. Personally I don't find anything appealing about the sequel, just another FPS to me, besides I have plenty of FPS to pay attension to over the coming months.
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Its two years old, and yet people still rave about it. Thereby tis expected to be judged evenly now.

Ha. Halo 2? Just watch the vid when the audience cheer when Master Chief gets two (YES TWO! OH MY GOD!) guns. Sickening.

:P

:D
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:24
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Bear in mind that it was Xbox's killer LAUNCH app. you guys are playing a game that's two years old. Part of it's appeal was that it brought a game type (FPS) to a console in a near perfect way. On the PC it's another in a long line of FPS games, but it's real appeal was that on a machine costing a fraction of a PC's price people could play a near perfect FPS.

Now Halo 2.... any of you non-Xbox owners seen the E3 trailer ? :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.