GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CALL OF DUTY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty'.
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:09
Regular
"cod"
WOW it kicks mohaa into space just a few things i would like to know if anyone could help , i was over joyed when the demo came out but is there going to be a multiplayer in it and can you mod the game with skins etc, i think this is the only game that will ever come close to toping halflife 2 (yer like a million miles away) but this is gonna be 1 of my buys and halflife too thanks
Wed 15/10/03 at 17:24
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
If it's anything like the first I might just give it a whirl.
Wed 15/10/03 at 17:20
Regular
Gonna give it a go .. hopefully the full game will turn out good
Wed 15/10/03 at 17:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Nice one, didn't know there was a new demo. Currently only got it a 25% complete, so while I wait, what level is it?
Wed 15/10/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I played it at a mates and after struggling to find it myself was told to search for Call_Of_Duty_Dawnville_Demo.exe, still haven't tried it yet. May as well try it now...

Yup - go to http://www.callofdutyelement.com and follow the link for the Dawnville demo.
Wed 15/10/03 at 13:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Where did you get the 2nd demo from?
Can't find it anywhere
Wed 15/10/03 at 11:58
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Second demo (released over the weekend) = amazing. Tops even the fantastic first one.
Tue 14/10/03 at 18:44
Regular
"Teal'c"
Me = bad day. That's all you need to know.

P.S. I agree.
Tue 14/10/03 at 15:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
NASH wrote:
> But the point is, non of us could give an exact answer, because non of
> us actually know. He asked 'will you be able to mod it with skins?',
> I said how are we supposed to know, but I suspect so. Anything wrong
> there at all?

Alright, calm down.

Again, it's not hard to make an assumption that the game will have a strong modding commuinity, Why? because just about every PC game these days either ships with an editor on board, or has it released online at a later date.

Of course no one can say for sure that it will, but it seems to the norm with developers these days. In fact I can't name one game I have in my collection which I can't get a mod for online.
Tue 14/10/03 at 15:18
Regular
"Teal'c"
But the point is, non of us could give an exact answer, because non of us actually know. He asked 'will you be able to mod it with skins?', I said how are we supposed to know, but I suspect so. Anything wrong there at all?
Tue 14/10/03 at 14:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
NASH wrote:
> Wonderful.
> Yes, there will be multiplayer.
> As for the modding question, how the hell are we, mere mortals,
> supposed to know such things?

Simply by looking to other game and their modding comunity. Medal of Honour for example already has a huge fan base who constantly make new skins, weapon mods and a few Total Conversions as do many other popular games.

I suspect Call of Duty will be not different, in fact seeing as it's already been made very popular by the demo alone I would hazard a guess as to saying the online community for Call of Duty will be greater than that of Medal of Honour, so new user created features are a dead cert.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.