GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CALL OF DUTY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty'.
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:09
Regular
"cod"
WOW it kicks mohaa into space just a few things i would like to know if anyone could help , i was over joyed when the demo came out but is there going to be a multiplayer in it and can you mod the game with skins etc, i think this is the only game that will ever come close to toping halflife 2 (yer like a million miles away) but this is gonna be 1 of my buys and halflife too thanks
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:09
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
It seems that PC Gamer 'released' the new demo on to the net without Activisions prior consent, and all the play nicely sites have stopped hosting this demo on Activisions request.

Buggery.

Sounds good though....
Thu 16/10/03 at 12:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Another sweet demo, even though it is essentially the same level. It's set the day after the original demo level, and you have to fight off a German counter attack which includes a whole lot of infantry and a few Tiger tanks on top of that. Then you have to trek outside town a bit to destroy a few mortar positions which are firing on the town.

It's just a pity the demo ends when a vehicular mission is about to begin, I really wanted it to carry on.
Wed 15/10/03 at 20:19
Regular
Graphics seem better.. and a couple more stuff.
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:42
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
www.gigex.com is always okay for demo's in my experience, except they only have certain ones, especially good for those of you labouring with dialup as it survives disconnects and stuff, and always pretty fast for broadband as well.
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I got a Call of Duty demo.

Does suck.

Not sure why, its just not that fun I suppose.
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I got the second demo Sunday evening, from a Norwegian site (heh :D That was fun). Absolutely amazing, better than the first one.

Breakthrough lived up to my standards, if not a little more, but I can't wait for the Patch that'll stop the damn lag.

And then Pacific assault- woo! :D
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:14
Regular
Ah excellent, another demo, just about to download it :)
Wed 15/10/03 at 17:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I actually got a US version of the mag once, found it in WHSmiths. As far as I can tell, the two mags are linked by name only. In fact the US version was allot smaller.

Smaller magazine, smaller demo disc (about five demo's came with it if I remember, not great demo's either) and they also had a tendency to overrate games like the Sims expansion House Party which they gave over 80%. Believe me, it aint worth that much.

I'll of course wait for the UK PCG review before I make my mind up, though recently because of me disagreeing with a few of their reviews of late, I'll also want a second opinion as well.
Wed 15/10/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Is there anywhere you can compare US PCGamer scores with our lot? It would be rather interesting to see how similarly they score games.
Wed 15/10/03 at 17:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It's already got 93% in the US PCGamer, looking very good indeed and set to be released at the end of this month as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.