GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"METAL GEAR SOLID 2........"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 16:21
Regular
When the ps2 was launched there was rumors of metal gear 2 im not sure when but soon it is to be released,from what ive seen its amazing.maybe the greatest ps2 title to be released?
what do u think ??
Tue 25/09/01 at 16:49
Regular
"round the outside"
im not sure bou the net it might be ok but ive heard that in japan they have relesed a PS2 harddrive so u can us it like a pc with a keyboard and mouse ! i think that is reall kool!
Sun 16/09/01 at 09:59
Hasn't anyone got Zone of enders (Z.O.E) because if you do you will know that it came with a demo of MGS2. The demo lvl is set on board a ship which if i remember correctly is mored up in the rain (which i add is just stunning graphics) i don't know about the realese date but i'm sure if you go to the official web site i'm sure they will have some info

P.S what do u think of the PS2 internet
Thu 13/09/01 at 17:18
Regular
"round the outside"
oh yeah i forgot, TRIPLE_H the only reason sony are publishing segas great DC games is beacause the DC is down the pan and they are allowing sony to publish many of their games!
Thu 13/09/01 at 17:15
Regular
"round the outside"
i must side with ant here because wat is the point on having one of the greatest games developed remade on the x box or watever . i always think of games like GT3 or metal gear solid 2 are 100% associated with playstation ,it just wouldnt be right having those kinda playstation games on the x box or gamecube.i think that the x box is just trying to take advantage of sonys games and make money off of them and why dont microsoft think of there own games to make rather than taking others games to profit from.
Wed 12/09/01 at 22:25
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Ok thanx mate.I see your point now.You wont believe how biased I am.I always presume that everything made by Sony is better.
But think of it from another perspective.I am sure that you have heard of Sony's plans to allow PS2 gamers to battle DC gamers and stuff.Dont you think that in some cases releasing games on different formats would also benefit us PS2 owners.Sometimes it could mean making playing games even more exciting.Even though it would mean having a rival company acquaring the rights to a certain game.And no I am not talking about every single PS2 game.Only certain games like online RPGs and some others.More people would join the online gaming because not everyone may have enough cash to spend on a brand new PS2 or they may be biased towards Sega, Nintendo or maybe even Microsoft.
I understand your point about pride but wouldnt you be thankful if you could play Sonic or Munch's Odyssey.
I personally think we are very lucky because PS2 is getting loads of games originally planned for other consoles.So we are really spoiled for choice.At least we will be very soon. Thanx Ant and tell me what you think of my argument
Wed 12/09/01 at 22:13
Regular
"I like cheese"
Triple_H wrote:
> ermmm..Ant no offense but could you answer my question please. Why
> does it matter so much that a certain game only comes out on your
> favourite console.I respect you and everyone else on these forums
> and I would just like to know why people have different opinions to
> me.Thanx Ant

It's basically down to pride. I like to think of myself as an unbiased person, but everyone is. I can be very biased when I want to.

I spent £300 on the PS2, and I want the best games on the PS2 ONLY to be on PS2. I would get rather annoyed if the GameCube had all it's Mario's and Zelda's and Donkey Kong's, AND MGS2 and Smackdown 3, Devil May Cry etc.

Basically, I want to make sure my purchase was worth it. If you own more than one, the it doesn't matter, but I don't.
Wed 12/09/01 at 22:05
Regular
"You Bum!!"
ermmm..Ant no offense but could you answer my question please. Why does it matter so much that a certain game only comes out on your favourite console.I respect you and everyone else on these forums and I would just like to know why people have different opinions to me.Thanx Ant
Wed 12/09/01 at 21:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
Also, Ninty's have been saying that Kojima is willing to create games for the GC.

Do not believe this, as Kojima has always liked the PSX and PS2, and I'm not sure if he's created any games for Nintendo apart from ZOE on GBA-if that was even done by him.

Also, he confirmed in an interview that MGS2 is a PS2-only game.

*Ant punches the air in celebration*
Wed 12/09/01 at 20:00
Regular
"Back For Good"
Yeah I heard that too, doesn't bother PS2 owners, Muhahahaha
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:57
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I have also heard this, the reasons suggested for this are that Konami are keen to keep strong links with Sony, and also might have something to do with the lukewarm reception the Xbox is geting in Japan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.