GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Datel to make tacky version of GB Player"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/10/03 at 22:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Well what have we here?

"Datel has been working on an alternative to Nintendo's Game Boy Player, which allows you to play Game Boy games on the GameCube.

Datel's "Advance Game Port" will be smaller and cheaper than Nintendo's, costing £29.99. It will fit into the memory card slot and allow Game Boy games to be plugged into that." - Cube Europe.
Also, this thing only plays GBA games, not GB/GBC ones.

Wouldn't touch anything made by Datel myself anyway, they make half-effort products.
Fri 17/10/03 at 10:39
Regular
"hit the road jack"
The Freeloader works fine but im not too sure about Action Replay. I know that too many codes on may cause the thing to crash. But when im on Resident Evil with two of three codes active, I dont expect the thing to suddenly freeze with a loud buzzing noise. And Splinter Cell... the infinate ammo cheat.. that doesnt work.
But meh.. I can play F-Zero right now so im happy.
Fri 17/10/03 at 10:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
No... The FreeLoader was a terrible thing, wasn't it....

Damn them for allowing us to play ANY GameCube with the simplest of ease... How dare they!!

If it wasn't for them, we'd be spending hundreds-of-pounds-more on new TVs, converters and stuff, just to sample the likes of Animal Crossing and Winning Eleven 6, which will never get released over here.... "Grrrrr!"

:P

I'm interested to see how this works, though; seeing as it'll save me a good-deal of cash instead of buying an "over-priced" GameBoy Player... Whether it makes my 'Cube 'cube-shaped' or not!

Really, they're just trying to show us how 'simple' and 'easy' it really is to play GBA games through your GameCube, and how you don't need to fork-out extra on Nintendo's own. The "Legends"!
Fri 17/10/03 at 09:13
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
tphi wrote:
>
> Wouldn't touch anything made by Datel myself anyway, they make
> half-effort products.

I've never had any probs with any Datel products, already have a GB player, cost £35 from Comet months ago.
Thu 16/10/03 at 22:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Well what have we here?

"Datel has been working on an alternative to Nintendo's Game Boy Player, which allows you to play Game Boy games on the GameCube.

Datel's "Advance Game Port" will be smaller and cheaper than Nintendo's, costing £29.99. It will fit into the memory card slot and allow Game Boy games to be plugged into that." - Cube Europe.
Also, this thing only plays GBA games, not GB/GBC ones.

Wouldn't touch anything made by Datel myself anyway, they make half-effort products.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.