GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Datel to make tacky version of GB Player"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/10/03 at 22:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Well what have we here?

"Datel has been working on an alternative to Nintendo's Game Boy Player, which allows you to play Game Boy games on the GameCube.

Datel's "Advance Game Port" will be smaller and cheaper than Nintendo's, costing £29.99. It will fit into the memory card slot and allow Game Boy games to be plugged into that." - Cube Europe.
Also, this thing only plays GBA games, not GB/GBC ones.

Wouldn't touch anything made by Datel myself anyway, they make half-effort products.
Mon 20/10/03 at 15:52
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
GB player is very useful, if like me the lighting in your house means you can only see the GBA screen in the bathroom. And considering a Gamecube is now cheaper than a GBA-SP, it's a better investment.
Mon 20/10/03 at 15:08
Regular
"8==="
If Datel's version of the GB player can be linked up to one another for multiplayer gaming (unlike two GBA players) then that would be an advantage.

Otherwise I won't be getting one.

But Datel make pretty good quality stuff, I would warn people away from stuff made by Blaze though. Have Blaze changed their name? If so could someone let me know what they've become so I can continue to avoid them?

*Remembers buying 3 8mb Blaze memory cards for N64 and them all dying VERY quickly indeed*
Mon 20/10/03 at 14:47
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Pics of it here

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=5599
Sun 19/10/03 at 14:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I am happy with my Datel Mega Memory 16x.
Now I never need another GC memory card ever. Although I already had 5.
Sun 19/10/03 at 13:53
"period drama"
Edgy wrote:
> I also need to go back to Super Mario Land 3. Tis the best Wario game
> in the series!

Testify!
Sun 19/10/03 at 11:00
Regular
I thought so :D
Sun 19/10/03 at 00:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You're right, I've checked and it does. So that puts paid to whoever's dumb argument against the offical GB player.
Sat 18/10/03 at 20:04
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Doesn't the broadband adaptor plug into one of the other two ports?
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Darwock wrote:
> Why would you need your BB adaptor in while playing GBA games?
>
> You wouldn't but who can be bothered plugging and unplugging bits of
> kit all the time? Not me....

Oh damn. I just might have to move to unclick one tool to use another. Oh no....
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:28
Regular
Tis a quality game - been meaning to play Super Mario Land on me GameCube for a while now.

I also need to go back to Super Mario Land 3. Tis the best Wario game in the series!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.