GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Respect for Life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 18:33
Regular
Hello, you might remember me, if you don't do not worry, you will not be condemned, but I felt that I should say something about life, aspects and so on, hopefully get a discussion going - stranger things have happened...

In light of recent events, I was, as I am sure you were, not best pleased, but for some reason I'm not surprised, I'm not about to preach to you about anything - just read what you want, and thanks.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. We cannot go back in time and change things, and nor should we, but something like a war, or a terrorist attack - you have to take something out of it - a positive, and not only hope that nothing of the sort happens again, but actually make it happen. Sounds simple, sorry if you find what I'm saying irritating, boring, but I have to say it.

Life is the most important aspect of, oh wait 'life'. Life is something that you'll only have one go at, and I hope you live your life to the full, and enjoy what you do in it, it's one massive experience, and nobody knows what happens after it (other than you die, maybe there's a heaven, maybe not, I am not religious, but I believe in life) so I ask you to realise that what you have is almost incomprehendable. The world is OUR oyster, let's not abuse it...

Anyway, what has happened in the USA is the spawn of something mallicious, evil and disrespectful of life, causing many to be lost - just like that - I'm not asking you to live your life as if each day's your last, but I am trying to open up your eyes and appreciate what we have, everyone of us.

Don't let that arguement commence, don't aggrevate someone uneccessarily - don't make their lives a nightmare, help someone. Encourage someone that maybe you don't usually get on with, just be the best person you can.

Murder, crime, bullying - terrorism.

These words describe the wrong doings of individuals, groups of people, and they do not belong in life.

Respect yourself, respect others and respect life - it's precious.

How anyone can do something that ends someone else's life - it's beyond me. I'm choking up, I'm just gonna let you discuss.

My condolences to everyone assocciated, families that will have to get through the recent events, and my heart goes out to them. Thank you for reading, I'm sure you have a say, let's live in the hope that the world not only takes notice of what has happened, but takes action too.

Dan
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:51
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I know playing God is wrong - but there is scripture in The Bible that says what to do in such cases. Some people don't believe in The Bible so playing God is impossible, but as far as playing God goes, humans, no matter how hard they try, could never play God. He deals with much more than you could ever imagine.
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
The Game wrote:
> I know playing God is wrong - but there is scripture in The Bible
> that says what to do in such cases. Some people don't believe in The
> Bible so playing God is impossible, but as far as playing God goes,
> humans, no matter how hard they try, could never play God. He deals
> with much more than you could ever imagine.

Damn right. I mean, look at us now, trying to keep the whole world in order. We fail. Without God, I can't imagine what the world would be like...

But then again, some people will blame this on religion. Look, sorry, I'm talking crap...too confused.

This morning I was planning to write a topic on LIfe forum about how I feel my life is the same thing everyday...I felt depressed.

But...that's nothing compared to this. Nothing.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:05
Regular
Personally, I think God got sick of us when Catholics and Protestants started killing each over how he should be worshipped.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:09
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ant: Before I know I denied the existence of God. But today's events have changed my veiws. It's funny but this event has completely changed me. At this moment in time I KNOW God exists. Whether I'll still feel like this tomorrow, I don't know, but right now, I know he's up there and I believe in him, for the first time ever in my life.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:12
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
God is still around... he loves us way too much to desert us... We have messed up... but for everything that has ever happened this included, Jesus dies on the cross. The price for this has already been payed.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:15
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
"RastaBillySkank wrote:

Ant: Before I know I denied the existence of God. But today's events have changed my veiws. It's funny but this event has completely changed me. At this moment in time I KNOW God exists. Whether I'll still feel like this tomorrow, I don't know, but right now, I know he's up there and I believe in him, for the first time ever in my life."

Hold on to that mate... God can do more for you than you could ever imagine. He loves you! You owe it to yourself to read at least one gospel! I'm not putting any pressure on you, but God, like you, has a VERY, VERY, VERY big passion for life, people and living things!
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
Strafex wrote:
> Personally, I think God got sick of us when Catholics and
> Protestants started killing each over how he should be worshipped.

But that wasn't about God. It was to do with the history of these 2 races of people. In my opinion, that was nothing to do with God. Most of those people involved weren't religious anyway...
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
I wish I lived closer to you RBS, I could show you the wonders God has done to some of the people where I live.

Hold onto it though RBS. I got that feeling as well one night last December, and look at me now.

If you want to talk, I'm always here. As is The Game.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:26
Regular
"You've upset me"
I'll try to. I really will.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I'll try to. I really will.

Good RBS...pray to him, ask him for something. He will reply, but perhaps not in the way you'd expect...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.