GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Respect for Life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 18:33
Regular
Hello, you might remember me, if you don't do not worry, you will not be condemned, but I felt that I should say something about life, aspects and so on, hopefully get a discussion going - stranger things have happened...

In light of recent events, I was, as I am sure you were, not best pleased, but for some reason I'm not surprised, I'm not about to preach to you about anything - just read what you want, and thanks.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. We cannot go back in time and change things, and nor should we, but something like a war, or a terrorist attack - you have to take something out of it - a positive, and not only hope that nothing of the sort happens again, but actually make it happen. Sounds simple, sorry if you find what I'm saying irritating, boring, but I have to say it.

Life is the most important aspect of, oh wait 'life'. Life is something that you'll only have one go at, and I hope you live your life to the full, and enjoy what you do in it, it's one massive experience, and nobody knows what happens after it (other than you die, maybe there's a heaven, maybe not, I am not religious, but I believe in life) so I ask you to realise that what you have is almost incomprehendable. The world is OUR oyster, let's not abuse it...

Anyway, what has happened in the USA is the spawn of something mallicious, evil and disrespectful of life, causing many to be lost - just like that - I'm not asking you to live your life as if each day's your last, but I am trying to open up your eyes and appreciate what we have, everyone of us.

Don't let that arguement commence, don't aggrevate someone uneccessarily - don't make their lives a nightmare, help someone. Encourage someone that maybe you don't usually get on with, just be the best person you can.

Murder, crime, bullying - terrorism.

These words describe the wrong doings of individuals, groups of people, and they do not belong in life.

Respect yourself, respect others and respect life - it's precious.

How anyone can do something that ends someone else's life - it's beyond me. I'm choking up, I'm just gonna let you discuss.

My condolences to everyone assocciated, families that will have to get through the recent events, and my heart goes out to them. Thank you for reading, I'm sure you have a say, let's live in the hope that the world not only takes notice of what has happened, but takes action too.

Dan
Wed 12/09/01 at 21:17
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
It is easy to jump to conclusions, and say that the perpertrators should be killed, but surely that is being hypocrytical. Anyone who has read the New Testament would know that forgiveness is the best option.
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:19
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I don't think anyone should ever be executed, for whatever sins they have committed, it's just not right. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Well said RBS.
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:14
Regular
"I am your father"
That really is sad M16, the same sort of thing happened to my friend twice. But never it happening to me I can never understand the sheer strain it has had on you. Being bullied for how you look and treated for the same reason, humans are very prejudice and selfish and that's the sad way that the world works. But as unbeliavable as it may seem, I don't do any of these. I don't care if my friend ways 14st is 4' tall and is black as really at the end of the day if they're a nice person does it really matter?
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:01
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Good topic guys, good to read.

To be totally honest, I think that life is pointless at the moment. Why can’t we all live in harmony with each other? Just think what Jesus must be thinking- he sacrificed his life for us to live in a war free world… not look at it.

Evil is all around me. I have seen some horrific things in my life- some have happened to me. I have even been held at knife-point before just for the sake of a few pounds? Got beat up by a gang of about 20 people just because I refused to hand over my mobile phone!

Sick.
Wed 12/09/01 at 16:54
I have the upmost respect for those who deserve it, but I am not willing to allow people to start blaming religion yet again. I believe in life, if you believe in God or a God then sobeit - that is your choice, I respect you for that.

Please don't turn this into a religious babble about how "God" must be feeling, if there was a God, where was he etc - maybe God is part of everyone one of us, and in some small part we could have prevented what has happened. But everything - EVERYTHINg happens, because it happens, and it happens for a reason - life will shine through, and will be prosperous.

Do not be ashamed to be who you are, do not be ashamed to be human, the scum of this planet who are responsible for what happened yesterday are sick minded, twisted and purely evil.

Refer back to my original post - life is for living, live yours as best you can, and make other's as good as possible.

Respect to you all.

A moments silence...
Tue 11/09/01 at 23:06
Regular
Life is pathetic, unimpportant.

It is what we do, why it is special, we raised above all other animals to better ourselves, and we will forever do so, i bettering ourselves is to relise we were doing something wrong lets say lack of plane security and we realise by a loss of life we relise, this is betterung, soon the human race will rule the universe, and there is nothing no noe can do about it.

Dringo
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
pb wrote:
> I don't like to preach about my beliefs, but many people ask how I
> can justify the existence of a God when something like this happens.
>

My reply is that God does not control us, but merely leaves us to test ourselves in this mixed up world. Judgement only comes at the end of our lives, when we have to take stock of all we've said or done.

Exactly. This is one of the main reasons people don't believe, and that is the answer. Thanks for that.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:55
Regular
God, the man who created a beauty, which we destroyed, an example of this has just happened.

But who created God, anothe god, but who created him, antoher and so on and so on so what created everything?

Nothing...
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:52
"possibly impossible"
I don't like to preach about my beliefs, but many people ask how I can justify the existence of a God when something like this happens.

My reply is that God does not control us, but merely leaves us to test ourselves in this mixed up world. Judgement only comes at the end of our lives, when we have to take stock of all we've said or done.

I do not believe in the death sentence, but I know that it will be a popular thought in the minds of many US citizens at the moment. I believe that people should not spend all their time concerned with the people who orchestrated these events. They need to find them, yes, and they should be imprisoned. Their punishment would be to constantly remember the people they have killed today, by being shown pictures and news reports of individuals and the family that are left. If they still show no remorse, then they are only fit for Hell, where they will undoubtably be sent at the end of their lives.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I belive in God some of the time, I do pray sometimes, but what really gets me is that if he is so good? Where the hell is it?

GM - Believes in God sometimes

:o)

God bless

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.