GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exactly what I didn't want..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Mon 20/10/03 at 14:45
Regular
"A stunning game that is also stunningly short"

I think we can all guess which one I am talking about...

Max Payne 2 is sounding like on hell of a game yet every review I have read has commented on how short it is and some have even said that its shorter than the original. I shall be there on the release of the Xbox version but this is a bit gutting to be honest as the first one I did in about 1 hour 50 minutes when playing New York minute.

Your thoughts?
Tue 28/10/03 at 18:36
Regular
If it's a great game, the length won't bother me. The developers are good enough to know when a game is completed to it's full potential, and I have faith that Max Payne 2 will be a highly polished title - whatever length.

Short but sweet games can still be fantastic - look at Pikmin, Burnout 2, Jak & Daxter, etc.
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:35
Regular
Having a short game means they can keep the story intresting and also the concept doesn't get dull.

Sure I'd like to see a much longer game, but at least there won't be any chance of it being slow paced and dull.
Mon 20/10/03 at 17:12
Regular
"8==="
Perhaps the story bits are longer?
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:49
Regular
Yes the developers said it would be longer.
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I swear somebody said it'd be longer.

Ah well.
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Well no matter how short it is, I'll still be buying it.
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:12
Regular
No questioning how much it will rock, the bullet time looks delightful.
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:12
Regular
"8==="
Perhaps there's more secrets and tricks? Reviewers usually get a guide to help them through the game, if they didn't use that it might've taken them longer.

They have made it around a comic book so I guess the length of the game is reliant on the length of the story.

I'm sure it'll rock and if it's as replayable as the first then I won't be having any worries.
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:05
Regular
It would be worth the wait. It sounds amazing and aside form a central channel issue (Dolby Digital) and some minor clipping the game wasn't really critisised. Of course the main complaint each time has been the length of the game.

Why bother saying its going to be longer than the original if its not...
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Laughingstock"
A 30+ hour Max Payne would be most welcome, but maybe it's short because they've crammed in so much great detailed stuff into each level. A few more chapters and we'd be waiting until next Christmas before it comes out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.