GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 WATEVER U LIKE"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/09/01 at 20:40
Regular
u can talk about anything that interests u or just a PS2.
Tue 11/09/01 at 12:58
Plus there would be your weight, gravitational field, and so on.

Plus you'd have to stay off the beans before hand.
Tue 11/09/01 at 12:49
"High polygon count"
Ah, but now you're getting into chaos theory.

Does a butterfly flapping its wings in the Amazon jungle really make it rain over Manchester?

Well, jusdging by the rain they have up there, I could believe it...
Tue 11/09/01 at 12:44
Fortunately I cloned myself in the future. So I'm back again, albeit as devo mark II.

As far as I can tell, time machines couldn't travel to the past. If you did, even if you consciously avoided changing things, surely your very existence there would be tampering with the past. For example the physical form of the time machine would be displacing air for a start.
Tue 11/09/01 at 12:27
"High polygon count"
devo wrote:
> What damn fool would kill themselves in the past anyway? ;-)

I was speaking hypopathetically... :-)
Tue 11/09/01 at 12:12
Oh no!! An older me has just come in the room brandishing a gun.......ARRARARGGHHHH!!!!

Tue 11/09/01 at 12:02
What damn fool would kill themselves in the past anyway? ;-)
Tue 11/09/01 at 09:43
"High polygon count"
Ah, but...

If you go back in time and meet yourself, there are two of you. If you kill yourself in the past, does the 'you' from the present cease to exist? Or do you split time into two paths, one being a future where you're dead, the other carrying on as normal? Or - possibly - a third option, where you go 'back to the future' and have no history, and effectively appear out of nowhere and all your friends etc. have never knew you?

Also, suppose you were to go forward in time and kill your future self. Does that mean that you have no future, or that when that day comes in the future you're scared of yourself and hide away so you can't be killed?

Of course, you'll know exactly when and where the event was to happen, so you could in theory avoid it. But then, as it's you seeking yourself, the 'you' from the past knows how you think and where you would hide.

Or would they? If there are two of you, the one from the future may have had influences in their life, which by time-travelling you will have missed, which change the way they think, and therefore not think of hiding where the you from today would hide.

Jeez, it's confusing! I really hope they never invent time travel! :-)
Tue 11/09/01 at 09:23
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
good one ssxpro, that is one of the paradoxes that science has yet to figure out. If anyone has a time machine i could borrow, I'll try it out.
Tue 11/09/01 at 00:05
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Time travel.

Will we ever discover how to create a device that
> can get you back to the same place before you leave, so that you can
> see yourself going?

I don`t think we ever will.

Man has time machine.
Man goes back in time.
Man kills his past self.
Man dead.
Man not go back in time.
Man not kill himself.
Man not dead.
Go to line 1.
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:53
Regular
Buzz Aldrin was it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.