GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fifa 2004'.
Fri 24/10/03 at 16:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
Did everyone who ordered get their copies? I havent due to the fact that apparantly the publishers have slipped with the release date, yet SR have it in stock. I wont get mine till Tuesday so have fun with your copies...
Sat 25/10/03 at 12:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Suraj wrote:
> I have also heard that a new Pro Evolution Soccer game is bring
> released. Will this be better then Fifa2004? I know something about
> the Pro Evo series not having the correct player names, but is this a
> major let down?

The new PES is out now. It is better than FIFA 2004. There are some false player names - not that many. And no, they aren't a let down, as you can edit them to the right name if you really want/can be assed.
Sat 25/10/03 at 12:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> Yes, when i played i tripped a player quite far from the edge of the
> box several times throughout the game, and each time the referee gave
> a penalty.

That's obviously not true.

The game knows exactly where contact was made between you and the player you tackled, so it is always right. It might look wrong, but it isn't.
Sat 25/10/03 at 12:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Snipe® wrote:
> Played PES 3 today its alright but the referee decisions are awful
> even if you get the goddamn ball and some of those names they make up
> for the clubs are so stupid... i mean North London... Trak something
> for Man U...

There's nothing wrong with licensing. All you have to do is go into Edit Mode and change the names. It's not difficult.

The referee decisions aren't that bad once you get used to them. There are times when you go through the ball and the player and foul is given, but usually if you use the replay and look closely you'll see that you did in fact make contact with the player before you made contact with the ball, which is officially a foul.

It's a brilliant game. Minor licensing problems shouldn't keep people away, but they do, for some reason.
Sat 25/10/03 at 10:14
Regular
"the burning sky"
Snipe® wrote:
> Played PES 3 today its alright but the referee decisions are awful
> even if you get the goddamn ball and some of those names they make up
> for the clubs are so stupid... i mean North London... Trak something
> for Man U...

Yes, when i played i tripped a player quite far from the edge of the box several times throughout the game, and each time the referee gave a penalty.
Sat 25/10/03 at 10:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
I have had the liberty of playing PES3 even tho' i only have a cube, the graphics seem to me to be very similar to Fifa04, and gameplay may be a bit slicker...but the fact that FIFA04 has vitually every license, unlike that of PES3 which only has Adidas. The huge number of teams in Fifa certainly counterbalances any comparisions between it and PES3. And the new control systems and off the ball play, would sway my money towards Fifa even if i had a PS2. But then again i have always been a massive fan of Fifa.
Sat 25/10/03 at 01:41
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Im a little biased but im trying to stay as neutral as possible here and say that the NGC pad is the best out of the main 3 consoles.

It might be just me but games are so much more easy to play and control using the Cube pad than they are on the PS2 pad (ive not played an X-box extensively to comment fully but it still felt inferior to the cube pad in my own personal opinion)

The Gamecube pad is easily the best console gamepad that ive ever used bar none... again this is just my opinion but anyones differing opinions regarding this subject are both acknowledged and respected.
Sat 25/10/03 at 00:29
Regular
"I Like EliteForce"
So what is the best platform to play the game on? When I say best, I mean easiest to control, practicality and over all effect eg. graphics. Also, how real is the game, compared to other football games? Are some teams way better than others, or is it all in a real life believable senario?

Managing teams? I know in the previous games you could choose what positions your players are in, and what players are playingIs that like in Championship Manager, where you buy and sell players? Sorry, but I am not big on football games, but want to buy a new game.

I have also heard that a new Pro Evolution Soccer game is bring released. Will this be better then Fifa2004? I know something about the Pro Evo series not having the correct player names, but is this a major let down?
Fri 24/10/03 at 23:19
Regular
The grainy PS2 graphics of PES3 are subsiquently better than those witnessed in the Cube version. Although not a lot to really look past seeing as though FIFA 2004 is about as much fun as dating a woman with a giant penis.
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:56
Regular
Oh i played it for a couple of hours definitely good game.. wouldnt buy a PS2 for it though.
Had to get use to the grainy PS2 graphics :S
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:12
Regular
Played PES 3 today its alright but the referee decisions are awful even if you get the goddamn ball and some of those names they make up for the clubs are so stupid... i mean North London... Trak something for Man U...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.