GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Aphex Twin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/09/01 at 13:30
Regular
Bought "I care because You Do" yesterday.

Almost back to normal now, not quite so afraid to turn on the radio or go outside.
Jesus Christ..why has nobody told me about this guy?
"Ventolin" is an astonishing track, absolute fury distilled into music. "Icct Hedral", another track that blew me away.
But "Ventolin"....
*shiver*

It's the coldest, hardest and shinest sound you can imagine.
Reminded me of surgical steel implements and invasive surgery.
I don't know, just got under my skin and bothered me.
Also got 2 of his videos, directed by Chris Cunningham.
Evil. That's the best word to describe them.

"Come to Daddy" some kids all with his face, a demon thing screaming into an old woman's face and just horrific imagery that fits the music.

"Windowlicker"
Pastiche of the hip-hop vidoes, all semi-naked women dancing.Except they all have evil faces.

Compliments the music so well, but Aphex Twin (Richard D James) is not a man I wish to meet after dark.
If you like extreme music, be it Slipknot or anything else, then get Aphex Twin to see that dance music is more than that charts.
I don't really know much dance, I dont count the stuff in the chart anymore than the chart rock bands represent that genre.

The good stuff never hits the airwaves, but Aphex Twin should do. I'd love to hear Ventolin on Radio 1 Breakfast.
Mon 10/09/01 at 16:02
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Any chance you could forward a copy onto meas well, plz?

Would me muchly appreciated...

:)

(Obviously, you all like Pitchshifter...)
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Thanks mate.
I've got 1 David Holmes track "Rip Rip" from Out of Sight Soundtrack, excellent stuff.

I'm always open to new music, so bang on anything you think I might like.

Many thanks Loki.
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:35
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Cool. Will put something together then.

Might even sneakily put a couple of tunes I'm working on on it and see if you notice! You probably will, I just got some software and equipment together and I'm trying to work on my first music since my indie rock band broke up. This will be very different!
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
loki wrote:
> I've got tons of this stuff and am always making compilations for
> the car so if you ever want a sampler put together let me know.

Would love that Loki, Snuggly knows my addy from my details.
If you want a rock one doing of underground stuff that doesn't suck, lemme know
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
> Goatboy, if you're not into this sort music an amazing amount, how
> did you hear about Aphex Twin, what made you buy the album?

Because I saw Windowlicker and Come To Daddy videos and they terrified me beyond belief.
Then listened to the music and loved it.

Chris Cunningham did "Rabbit in your headlights" for U.N.K.L.E and some Bjork stuff, that's where I found the Aphex Twin stuff.
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Scariest. Videos. Ever.

You.Are.Not.Wrong
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:19
Regular
Goatboy, if you're not into this sort music an amazing amount, how did you hear about Aphex Twin, what made you buy the album?

Just out of interest.
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:15
I love Apex Twin.

He did the same course as I will be doing in Kingston University: Graphic Design & Photography.

Man he just rocks, it's playing on my PC at the very moment.
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:14
Regular
I prefer Fila Brazillia to Aphex Twin as I find FB more chilled out.

It has a kind of relaxing quality to it.

FB's album "Old codes, new Choas" has a brilliant use of voice narratives - ranging from documentary descriptions of LSD government testing, the nature of money, and a criminal's confession - brilliantly linking the instrumental music with fascinating ideas and impressions.
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:11
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I've got tons of this stuff and am always making compilations for the car so if you ever want a sampler put together let me know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.