GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EverQuest Online Adventures - First Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Everquest online adventures'.
Mon 27/10/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It's better than I'd hoped for, and I had very high hopes for it.

Buy it now (you get the first 30 days free, you don't have to enter a credit card or anything) and then it works out at around £7 a month thereafter if you want to carry on playing online. (There's no offline mode).

The one thing that worried me about EverQuest was its playability, would I enjoy it if I was only playing it in little bursts of an hour at a time? The answer is yes, it's VERY easy to do in little bursts, as opposed to most online games that require you to have no life whatsoever and spend sleepless nights killing loads of mobs just to reach the next level to get a new pair of boots.

If you're still not convinced, wait for the glowing review to be posted a little later on when I've finished my next quest :)
Thu 20/11/03 at 08:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well FM i shall be joining you in the realm of Everquest from today. Off up town in less than a hour to buy it from Gamestation. Think i remember them offering it for £30. If not i'll have Smackdown: SYM and Ghost Recon to trade in anyway.

I'll tell you my username once i've decided on one (not sure whether to go with Laker or a name off Battle Royale) so you can avoid me :-D
Fri 14/11/03 at 17:52
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I'll hopefully be EverQuesting for at least the 30 days free from next week.

Phuzzy shall be me name, if I have my way :D
Thu 13/11/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Hallelujah"
£7 a month!? Too steep! I know its not much, but its still to much for what it is.

Still, glad your enjoying it.
Thu 13/11/03 at 05:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> By the way how quick is the levelling up.
>
> 600-800 hours to get to level 49, assuming you know where your quests
> are (your quests give you loads of exp as part of their rewards).

Not too bad considering i heard tales of over 1000 hours on LOM just to get past level 40.
Wed 12/11/03 at 14:45
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> By the way how quick is the levelling up.

600-800 hours to get to level 49, assuming you know where your quests are (your quests give you loads of exp as part of their rewards).
Wed 12/11/03 at 05:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i can really feel your pain and anguish FM hehe.

By the way how quick is the levelling up. I remember playing Legend of Mir and shot through the first 18 levels but then it took around 5 hours to get to level 19 with non stop fighting.
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:28
Regular
Sure does. Level 23 now and loving every minute of it. Highest level I've seen so far is 25 but I haven't been on for a few days due to been trundled off the Sony's Gamers' Day to play Killzone. (Such are the sacrifices we have to make sometimes...).
Sun 09/11/03 at 11:20
Regular
"..."
Everquest rules!!!
Tue 04/11/03 at 22:49
Regular
liltyleruk wrote:
> hi people i was thinking of getting my ps2 online this month but with
> all the bills i dont no if i can afford it i was wondering i do have
> btyahoo broadband but is there any extra costs for the ps2 being
> online cheers

All the games that are currently online you can play for free online, no extra charge, except for EverQuest which is between £5.50 and £7.50 a month depending on how much gametime you buy in one hit. E.g. you can play SOCOM, Hardware, Destruction Derby Arenas, FIFA 2004, Fire Warrior etc 24/7 no charge. Or you can play EverQuest 24/7 £5.50 a month extra.
Tue 04/11/03 at 21:04
Regular
"liltyleruk"
hi people i was thinking of getting my ps2 online this month but with all the bills i dont no if i can afford it i was wondering i do have btyahoo broadband but is there any extra costs for the ps2 being online cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.