GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dam Dirty Apes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Monkey Ball'.
Tue 28/10/03 at 17:25
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
I borrowed Super Monkey Ball off a friend yesterday.
I played it for about half an hour.
It tried to auto-save but it said "The file on your memory card has been damaged"
I nearly killed myself, EVERYTHING on my memory card was gone.
Zelda, Metroid Prime, 80% complete Timesplitters 2, Soul Calibur 2 (I was passed platinum edgemaster) and a very nearly completed Super Smash Bros Melee.

Has this happened to any of you?
Tue 28/10/03 at 18:35
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Maverick42 wrote:
> It was even recommended by the Guru himself.
>
> [No, not that dodgy hermit from Gamezville, I'm talking about Shigsy]

Miyamoto would say that so Nintendo gets more money. And as for the Games Guru, he would say every damn memory card's good thanks to the companies bribing (Sp?) Gamesville producers.

: D
Tue 28/10/03 at 18:30
Regular
It was even recommended by the Guru himself.

[No, not that dodgy hermit from Gamezville, I'm talking about Shigsy]
Tue 28/10/03 at 18:27
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Heh.
>
> Always buy official, my friend. Always.

Yes, even if it costs extra. That is definately the best way to stop your precious data from being erased.
Tue 28/10/03 at 18:25
Regular
Heh.

Always buy official, my friend. Always.
Tue 28/10/03 at 18:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Always, always back-up your data on another memory card.

I've learned from when Burnout 2 deleted all my files (Metroid, Zelda, Sunshine, Pikmin, etc) because it didn't work with the unofficial memory card that I owned.

I now have three memory cards - one for Madden 2004, and two for everything else - one as a backup card. For example, only on Saturday one of my two 'everything else' memory cards decided to delete all it's contents. I was so thankful that pretty much everything was stored on the other card too. So I just copied everything back onto the blank one and everything is fine, with me having two copies of all saves again.

Just buy two cheap cards. Easy.
Tue 28/10/03 at 17:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My unofficial 16MB card works perfectly.

My N64 4MB card never worked in its life.
Tue 28/10/03 at 17:44
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Well, I've never had a memory card wipe itself, but I do have problems with my 64MB card from a developer I will not mention (It's not from SR). I always have to move it about so it gets in a right place so I can save and load data. Pretty annoying but I have gotten use to it.
Tue 28/10/03 at 17:25
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
I borrowed Super Monkey Ball off a friend yesterday.
I played it for about half an hour.
It tried to auto-save but it said "The file on your memory card has been damaged"
I nearly killed myself, EVERYTHING on my memory card was gone.
Zelda, Metroid Prime, 80% complete Timesplitters 2, Soul Calibur 2 (I was passed platinum edgemaster) and a very nearly completed Super Smash Bros Melee.

Has this happened to any of you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.