GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dam Dirty Apes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Monkey Ball'.
Tue 28/10/03 at 17:25
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
I borrowed Super Monkey Ball off a friend yesterday.
I played it for about half an hour.
It tried to auto-save but it said "The file on your memory card has been damaged"
I nearly killed myself, EVERYTHING on my memory card was gone.
Zelda, Metroid Prime, 80% complete Timesplitters 2, Soul Calibur 2 (I was passed platinum edgemaster) and a very nearly completed Super Smash Bros Melee.

Has this happened to any of you?
Sun 02/11/03 at 22:32
Regular
Who is... was Crazy avengance?
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Monkey ball is genius.

People who dont like it are probably just crap at it.
Thu 30/10/03 at 17:53
Regular
Bah. I know it deserves recognition as a class game but it just couldn't keep my attention. As I say, I'm sure the second (or possibly third) will suit my tastes better.

I'll probably grab it once it goes down in price.
Wed 29/10/03 at 23:46
Regular
:O

I'm shocked at this Monkey Ball flavoured bashing.

It rules.

and you know it.
Wed 29/10/03 at 22:31
Regular
Thought the first had some nice ideas, and the mini-games were good, but I just didn't think it was worth it. I've heard that the second is, in general, a bigger and better version so I may consider it in the future.
Wed 29/10/03 at 17:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Super Monkey Ball is fantastic.

As innovative as innovation gets.
Wed 29/10/03 at 17:21
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
I agree, it is pretty crap. And I'm not just saying that cuz it wiped my memory card!
I was using the joytech card I got free with my cube from SR.
But it has lasted nearly 18 months without screwing up.
I think I'll get an official card before christmas.
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:20
"Mimmargh!"
You monsters! You maniacs! You destroyed it all!
DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

Oh. I though thus was a thread about Planet of the Apes.

May I also make it clear that I hate Super Monkey Ball. If any readers like it that is absolutely fine but I reserve my hatred for it. Maybe its because I have the patience of a 3 year old. In fact I AM a 3 year old.

Well...slight exaggeration but you get my point.
Xerxes+Super Monkey Ball= death and destruction.
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:08
Regular
DeadMetal wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> It was even recommended by the Guru himself.
>
> [No, not that dodgy hermit from Gamezville, I'm talking about
> Shigsy]
>
> Miyamoto would say that so Nintendo gets more money.

Nah, he wouldn't be bothered with such trivial matters. David Gosen maybe, but not Shigsy.

He said it once when Zelda was launched because he was genuinely concerned that people would lose their game saves.
Tue 28/10/03 at 18:40
Regular
Happened to me with a 4gamers card, a few times actually, until I pulled my thumb out and bought an official 251.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.