GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA and Game Gear, look a bit too much similar??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/09/01 at 11:50
Regular
I'm creaing this topic because i think Sega might have helped Nintendo develope the GBA, and if not did Nintendo get the idea off the Game Gear?

Now that Sega and Nintendo work together i'm wondering if my theory is true!

I mean the shape of it's the same, and there are loads of Sega games coming out for the GBA with Sonic Advance, Chu Chu Rocket! and Actua Soccer is rumoured to have some stars from on it.

What do you think?

Is it just a coincidence that the GBA and Game Gear look the same?

And that Sega are making games for Nitendo?

Thanks for reading, Rickoss
Sun 09/09/01 at 19:31
Regular
Look the GAme Gear seems heavier and bulkier as i remember.
Sun 09/09/01 at 19:29
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
you can buy a set of three joysticks for the gba i got mine for £5 , they just stick on the joypad ! very good for playing fzero !
Sun 09/09/01 at 18:38
The Atari Lynx was a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands.
Sun 09/09/01 at 18:28
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Game gear had more button than teh GBA inorder for the GBA to fit
> more buttons easily they had to turn it on tis side.

But the Lynx
> looks similar and that was before the Game gear. Sob i lvoed that
> Game gear.

*sniff* *sniff*

*Rickoss starts crying*
Sun 09/09/01 at 18:25
Regular
Rickoss wrote:

I mean the shape of it's the
> same,

i applaud you for spotting that they are both horizontal...well done..
.what shape would you expect it to be? the new larger screen cant fit on a vertical gameboy and the shoulder buttons well where the hell would they go?...the only reason sega is producing games for other consoles is because that is the only way they are gonna make money while they have no console on the market...as soon as the new sega console is released they will no longer make games for rival consoles.
Sun 09/09/01 at 18:20
Regular
Game gear had more button than teh GBA inorder for the GBA to fit more buttons easily they had to turn it on tis side.

But the Lynx looks similar and that was before the Game gear. Sob i lvoed that Game gear.
Sun 09/09/01 at 17:41
Regular
Ya gotta love though........ the GBA.
Sun 09/09/01 at 17:35
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
The GBA DOES have an analogue stick, but you can only get it if you buy a set of snap-on facias.

These were explained in issue 58 of N64 mag.
Sun 09/09/01 at 15:27
Don't know about an analog stick, it wouldn't work on all the cloned mario games on the system. But it should definetly have a new screen, you can't see crap all in most light.
Sun 09/09/01 at 15:25
Regular
"Back For Good"
i prefer the game gear d-pad to the GBA, who thinks the GBA should have an analog stick?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.