GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa 2004 crashing on the gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fifa 2004'.
Fri 31/10/03 at 17:13
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Has anyone else had a problem with Fifa 2004 on the Gamecube where it freezes and you lose all your unsaved matches and it makes a loud grunting noise until you turn off the console?

Is my Gamecube/TV about to blow up?
Or have Amazon tampered with my disc? (it's cheap as chips there: £29.99)
Sat 01/11/03 at 09:35
Regular
"the burning sky"
The only problem i had with Fifa 2004 is that it never saved my Profiles, so every time i loaded the game it reset the number of matches played etc. But never the Hall of kits, maybe thats saved somewhere else. How much space does it take up on your memory cards? It takes nearly the whole 8mb of the card i put it on....
Sat 01/11/03 at 10:53
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> The only problem i had with Fifa 2004 is that it never saved my
> Profiles, so every time i loaded the game it reset the number of
> matches played etc. But never the Hall of kits, maybe thats saved
> somewhere else. How much space does it take up on your memory cards?
> It takes nearly the whole 8mb of the card i put it on....

If you want to do all that Bio stuff, you'll probably need a black 256 block card.

FIFA takes up 3 blocks for each profile created, and about 25 blocks for my career season.
Sat 01/11/03 at 11:26
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I just played Birmingham V Kidderminster in a freindly and boy oh boy was there some severe slowdown throughtout the game at random points.

Im not exaggerating when i say that perhaps 1 whole minute of the 12 minute game was played at less than 10 FPS... it was stuttering terribly, anyone else having similar problems?
Sat 01/11/03 at 11:52
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
rabid wrote:
> I just played Birmingham V Kidderminster in a freindly and boy oh boy
> was there some severe slowdown throughtout the game at random
> points.
>
> Im not exaggerating when i say that perhaps 1 whole minute of the 12
> minute game was played at less than 10 FPS... it was stuttering
> terribly, anyone else having similar problems?

Yep, I know exactly what ur talkin about.
Sat 01/11/03 at 11:57
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Hmm i just tried to play on 50hz instead of 60hz and the slowdown is ALOT less noticable... can you try this for me aswell please to see if were onto a winner?

Maybe its just the stadium that causes slowdown and not the Hz settings im not sure... all i can say is that i played on 60hz and 50hz with the exact same teams and same settings but with a diff random stadium... maybe if you test this aswell we could get a clearer picture and maybe a solution too :s
Sat 01/11/03 at 12:34
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Whoa whoa, slow down Einstein
Sat 01/11/03 at 12:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hold down B as the Cube starts up.
Sat 01/11/03 at 12:59
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Cyclone wrote:
> Hold down B as the Cube starts up.

What will that do?

Any luck running it in 50hz mode yet? less slowdown?
Sat 01/11/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Ye a know"
My freind had exactly the same problem and he tried on 50hz and it did improve slightly but no promises it will work on yours
Sat 01/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Well its half-time... Birmingham 1 - 0 Kidderminster and not one bit of slow-down in the entire half... like i say im playing in a different stadium but other than that no other settings changed... maybe 50hz does help the smoothness of the game (my TV is modern and new so 60hz shouldnt pose a problem) maybe the game engine just runs smoother on 50 hz rather than 60hz or maybe the gremlins will return again with more play... any opinions/experiences are most welcome on this matter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.