GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa 2004 crashing on the gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fifa 2004'.
Fri 31/10/03 at 17:13
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Has anyone else had a problem with Fifa 2004 on the Gamecube where it freezes and you lose all your unsaved matches and it makes a loud grunting noise until you turn off the console?

Is my Gamecube/TV about to blow up?
Or have Amazon tampered with my disc? (it's cheap as chips there: £29.99)
Fri 31/10/03 at 17:13
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Has anyone else had a problem with Fifa 2004 on the Gamecube where it freezes and you lose all your unsaved matches and it makes a loud grunting noise until you turn off the console?

Is my Gamecube/TV about to blow up?
Or have Amazon tampered with my disc? (it's cheap as chips there: £29.99)
Fri 31/10/03 at 17:35
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ive only played FIFA 2004 for about 2 hours so far (cos ive got too many gaems :S) but i havnt had any problems at all in that short space of time... do you have any other similar problems with other games? if not then i'd suggest sending the game back and getting a replacement disk.
Fri 31/10/03 at 18:51
Regular
I returned it for F zero came got frame rate lag F Zero is superb.
Fri 31/10/03 at 18:53
Regular
came = game
Fri 31/10/03 at 19:35
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
rabid wrote:
> Ive only played FIFA 2004 for about 2 hours so far (cos ive got too
> many gaems :S) but i havnt had any problems at all in that short
> space of time... do you have any other similar problems with other
> games? if not then i'd suggest sending the game back and getting a
> replacement disk.

I don't have any problems with other games so, yes, i guess it's the disc.
What i've played of Fifa is ok - except for all this show-offy 'EA Sports Bio' stuff -you'd expect it to recognise a Tiger Woods 2004 saved game, wouldn't you?
Fri 31/10/03 at 20:31
Regular
"My head hurts"
ThisIsAFunnyName wrote:
> rabid wrote:
> Ive only played FIFA 2004 for about 2 hours so far (cos ive got too
> many gaems :S) but i havnt had any problems at all in that short
> space of time... do you have any other similar problems with other
> games? if not then i'd suggest sending the game back and getting a
> replacement disk.
>
> I don't have any problems with other games so, yes, i guess it's the
> disc.
> What i've played of Fifa is ok - except for all this show-offy 'EA
> Sports Bio' stuff -you'd expect it to recognise a Tiger Woods 2004
> saved game, wouldn't you?

That happens to me on TS2 and Fifa 2003. My brother keeps scratching all my games i haven't got enough for fifa 2004 but i really want it.
Fri 31/10/03 at 20:40
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I currently own 32 GC games and have sold around 6 others that i completed... this is not intended as a post to say 'look what ive got' but merely to say that out of all the games ive currently got and previously owned that only 1 has ever given me any problems... FIFA 2003 froze on me (once) when a shot hit the crossbar... the GC just froze with a strange humming sound eminating from it... thats the only problem ever.

If only 1 game is giving you repetetive problems then i'd highly recommend swapping the disk to a different copy of the same game... in my own experience the GC is a very solid machine without any issues at all (however, using official memory cards and game pads does help ALOT)
Fri 31/10/03 at 20:58
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
rabid wrote:
> I currently own 32 GC games and have sold around 6 others that i
> completed... this is not intended as a post to say 'look what ive
> got' but merely to say that out of all the games ive currently got
> and previously owned that only 1 has ever given me any problems...
> FIFA 2003 froze on me (once) when a shot hit the crossbar... the GC
> just froze with a strange humming sound eminating from it... thats
> the only problem ever.
>
> If only 1 game is giving you repetetive problems then i'd highly
> recommend swapping the disk to a different copy of the same game...
> in my own experience the GC is a very solid machine without any
> issues at all (however, using official memory cards and game pads
> does help ALOT)

I use official gear all the time (except for one memory card which I got free once - lets guess where that was from...hmmmm). It does help ALOT.

This freezing problem has only happened twice today but IT WAS ANNOYING cos I'd played about 3 months worth of football in career mode with 12 minute games and WITHOUT SAVING!!!!

I don't think there'll be any more quality footy games on the Gamecube for a long time - ISS 4 will have to improve alot from ISS 3, and FIFA 2005? Gimme a break.

I bet there'll be some sort of Euro 2004 game on the Xbox or PS2 though. Probably be rubbish (i hope)
Fri 31/10/03 at 21:15
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
You can almost guarentee that EA will have a UEFA 2004 game out next march/april on all formats X-box, PS2, GC, PC, PS1, GBA and possibly even N-gage :s
Fri 31/10/03 at 22:42
Regular
ThisIsAFunnyName wrote:
> I don't think there'll be any more quality footy games on the
> Gamecube for a long time - ISS 4 will have to improve alot from ISS
> 3, and FIFA 2005? Gimme a break.

If you can, import Winning Eleven Six from Japan. It's not quite as good as Pro Evo 3, but better than Pro Evo 2 so well worth it.

Try lik-sang.com or eBay. It's the best footy game on the Cube so far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.