GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"thats silly nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/10/03 at 19:23
Regular
Wait a sec, are my eyes seeing correctly, are the new mario kart and new f-zero being realeased in practically the same month, thats silly nintendo.

Surely it will mean that people will choose 1 over the other (prob mario) and therefor bring down sales of the other. I know i will only be buying 1.
Why not realease them with a big gap between and then they might both sale as well as each other.
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:53
Regular
I am totally shocked that my parents have offered me this.

The car was actually part mine... it broke down and if I pay to get the gears fixed (about a hundred) then It's all mine.

My parents aren't too rich. I pay £150 rent a month, I pay for my own clothes, buy my own food 3 times a week, pay my own way in fact in everything.

Even the internet I pay for.

But my parents got a load of money though and they thought they'd treat their boys and a good way of treating us productivly is to pay for driving lessons.
Wed 05/11/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Balls"
Dringo wrote:
> Lucky my parents are willing to pay for the lessons and I already have
> a car... Saving me almost a grand.
>
> But that's still a lot for insurance.

my mates mum and dad did that, i wont so i have to pay my own way in life just like in real life... contradicting? yes.
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:47
Regular
Lucky my parents are willing to pay for the lessons and I already have a car... Saving me almost a grand.

But that's still a lot for insurance.
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:46
Regular
Bane wrote:
> Oh, I'm sure all your mates are fantastic. However, 40 lessons is
> pretty much a statistic.

Well it's a false statistic.

A 2 hour lesson a week for a few months should do the trick.

If you are bad and new to the entire thing like me then you are looking at 4 months. About 16 2-hour lessons at around £30 a pop (sometimes more... depends)so lets round it to £500.

£30 for your provisonal lisence.

About £20 for your theory...

Some more for your pratical...

About a 1.2 grand for insurance...

£30 for tax and bit more for M.O.T

Lets say 400 for the car...

So over 2 grand is about right.

But 40 driving lessons... no way.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Statistics are supposed to be peculiar.

"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics"
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
One I find quite peculiar.

Hmmm.

HMMMM!

You hear me?

HMMMMMM!
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:14
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Oh, I'm sure all your mates are fantastic. However, 40 lessons is pretty much a statistic.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bane wrote:
> Yes, because you're the one who decides when you take the test, aren't
> you?

I know I am not, I was being jokingly confident. 'They say 40 lessons'. Hmm. If thats true, all my friends haven't got a clue how to drive, and yet, oo they have liscences and in fact are not maniacs, and none of them have killed themselves. How odd...........
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Balls"
Icarus wrote:
> An ideal way to travel quickly is by roller blades; the only problem I
> face is that some folk either won't get out the way, otr purposely
> trip you up when going at top speed.

it seems like im that kind of person who makes sure the fools on the blades fall over, of course they need a quick push.
Mon 03/11/03 at 15:55
An ideal way to travel quickly is by roller blades; the only problem I face is that some folk either won't get out the way, otr purposely trip you up when going at top speed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.