GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HTML Test Bed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/03/10 at 09:01
"Are you sure?"
I'm sure many people already know about this but I thought it was still worth a mention for those that don't...

HTML Test Bed (from jmarshall.com)

As you will see this is years old but still works well.

A lot of the web stuff I do I'm afraid to say is just cobbled together! The Test Bed often comes in useful as a quick and simple way of experimenting with bits of code.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 26/03/10 at 14:43
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Sure you can do that Hmmm, no problem with it, but for me I have plenty of template files which I can quickly open up and for example, test the latest jQuery plugin within a few seconds locally.

As for addthis.com we recently hanged to this so we can monitor what exactly gets bookmarked. Sharethis.com is their biggest competitor, I have used it in the past but I do tend to prefer addthis's simple initialisation and clean templating.

Plus I follow one of their web dev's blog.
Fri 26/03/10 at 14:18
"Are you sure?"
LukeM wrote:
> Blimey thats pretty archaic...

Ah, perhaps I wasn't very clear about how I use it! :¬)

Normally I view everything locally, but being able to 'play' about with bits of code using this site can work well.

Yesterday I was experimenting with addthis.com (after seeing Freeola had recently changed their code and BBC Click had an item on this weeks programme about sharethis.com).

For sites like this that supply you with a chunk of code to copy/paste I find the HTML Test Bed is useful.

You can have a quick play changing the code, all without leaving your browser, and decide it it's something you want to start using properly on your site.

For complete pages then yes, preview it locally or FTP it to a non-live webspace, but for experimenting with chunks of code on the fly this site has it's uses.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 26/03/10 at 13:42
Regular
I'm still using Netscape Composer 4
Fri 26/03/10 at 12:21
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Indeed :) Especially useful when you need to run some PHP or other server side scripts.
Fri 26/03/10 at 11:42
Regular
LukeM wrote:
> Blimey thats pretty archaic, I find saving a file locally and
> opening in Firefox and IE renders much better than using
> something like that

Or not even locally with Notepad++'s FTP Synchronize plugin (or equivalent with UltraEdit etc).
Fri 26/03/10 at 10:22
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Blimey thats pretty archaic, I find saving a file locally and opening in Firefox and IE renders much better than using something like that.

Find yourself a good text editor, I'm trying Intype at the moment and start wrestling those tags!

Here is a good HTML reference.
Fri 26/03/10 at 09:01
"Are you sure?"
I'm sure many people already know about this but I thought it was still worth a mention for those that don't...

HTML Test Bed (from jmarshall.com)

As you will see this is years old but still works well.

A lot of the web stuff I do I'm afraid to say is just cobbled together! The Test Bed often comes in useful as a quick and simple way of experimenting with bits of code.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.