GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3D"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/03/10 at 12:51
Regular
I think my first experience with 3D was watching a Michael Jackson show when I was in Florida 19 years ago. Talking of Florida, I think Timmargh is over there right now while we're all stuck here working. :¬(

A lot of movie studios are rushing to make their movies in 3D now after the success of Avatar. Maybe this is a way to encourage people away from their home theatres and back into the cinema.

Do you think it will work? What do you think of 3D movies and are you more likely to see one if it's in 3D over a movie that isnt?

What about 3D TVs? I follow a few gadget/technology websites and the TVs of the future seem to be all 3D now. Are you interested in watching 3D at home? What about console gaming in 3D?

apologises for the hyphen, the forum doesn't like two letter names
Sun 11/04/10 at 22:19
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Machie wrote:
"[...] Talking of Florida, I think Timmargh is over there right now while we're all stuck here working. :¬( [...]"

Yep! 'Twas great.
Sun 28/03/10 at 19:54
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Why
> 3D TV is just a pointless gimmick

It defies belief hes probably been paid to write such drivel.
Sun 28/03/10 at 19:39
Sat 27/03/10 at 22:17
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
HighflyerVII wrote:
> I had a "3D vision" test, which
> tested my ability to see things in 3D through glasses and
> whatnot. It was pretty much determined that I can't see any
> difference through them.

Out of interest what sort of 3D test did you have?
Was it a 3D test that used 2 different colour lenses?
For example: Magenta and Cyan
Yellow and Cyan (used in Ch4 recent series)
etc.
Sat 27/03/10 at 15:37
"possibly impossible"
I still think standard 3d works, even if it's not as good as the hardware based version. Watching the short on the Monsters bs Aliens Bluray still impressed me.
Sat 27/03/10 at 10:25
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Sky TV lunch a dedicated 3D channel next saturday and Soccer Am have just boadcast in 3D.
Sat 27/03/10 at 10:06
Regular
"eat toast!"
pete_21 wrote:
> spoonbeast wrote:
>
> But i don't want to wear 3d glasses to watch it.
>
> Totally agree with that.Don't want to have to wear glasses to
> watch TV.
>
> Imagine answering the door and forgetting to take them off.You
> would look like a right tool.

Its especially more stupid if you wear glasses already. I had to wear the 3d glasses over the top of my own glasses to watch avatar in 3d. Thank god it worked or i would have gone ballistic if i couldn't watch the movie at all.
Fri 26/03/10 at 15:37
"possibly impossible"
The next wave of TVs to come won't need glasses, but at the moment they're only being designed for business.

Think that Jaws billboard from Back to the Future but with less 'reach'.

Samsung had a prototype at a recent trade show.
Fri 26/03/10 at 14:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
spoonbeast wrote:

> But i don't want to wear 3d glasses to watch it.

Totally agree with that.Don't want to have to wear glasses to watch TV.

Imagine answering the door and forgetting to take them off.You would look like a right tool.
Fri 26/03/10 at 12:29
Regular
"eat toast!"
3d will only really take off if i don't need to use the 3d glasses. I must admit the potential is there and watching avatar and the ads before it, i found it awesome and impressive.

But i don't want to wear 3d glasses to watch it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.