GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why does the x box2 want to be the gamecube??? no really why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/11/03 at 21:36
Regular
"aliens exist"
ok, why dont microsoft just come out and say it, "what we really want the x box2 to be is, errrrrrrr basically a gamecube mrk2"

first of all they get nvidia to handle the graphics side of things (hmm now you'll remmber they currently produce the graphics engine for the gamecube)

secondly - they now go and get IBM to produce the CPU - (hmmm much like they currently do by way of the "flipper" CPU in the cube!0

now i realise they are probably impressed with the power the cube has in such a small space compared to their monstrosity of a brick, they probably realise that even though the xbox is apparantly super powerful, you cant actually tell the difference between the cube and xbox versions of most games, and if anything the graphics are brighter and not as washed out on the cube

so..........

why dont they just admit to basically wanting to recreate the cube as xbox ??
Tue 04/11/03 at 23:23
Regular
"Remember me?"
Untitled's stupidity is rubbing off on people! Hang on, that gives me an idea....
Wed 05/11/03 at 07:31
Regular
"Nooooooooooo"
Yer this rubbish I think that it is some weirdo from gaycube is trying to make use go to the dark side of gaming. Well we have to say well done for trying but anyone who buys an xbox has really no chance of going to buy the gaycube.

Ok I quote "first of all they get nvidia to handle the graphics side of things hmm now you'll remember they currently produce the graphics engine for the gamecube" Ok we will just look at it sales of gaycubs to xbox to answer that one.

Secondly "they now go and get IBM to produce the CPU - (hmmm much like they currently do by way of the "flipper" CPU in the cube!0"
Well the fact is it might be made from the same company in the future but just because it is from the same company does not make it the same prosser does it. NO while you sitting there with your cube 2 as we are talking about everything the second it might have 800Mhz which is what the xbox currently has. But then knowing Microsoft who know how to make good consoles would put something in like 1.8Ghz

That weirdo also said "now I realise they are probably impressed with the power the cube has in such a small space compared to their monstrosity of a brick"
Well no were not impressed, maybe the 4 year old kid is that can't really tell what a good console is and by the age of 10 he will have an xbox. And as for the brick insult, where the hell do u get your bricks from. If you put the gaycube and the xbox in a fight I know which on will win.

"You can't actually tell the difference between the cube and xbox versions of most games, and if anything the graphics are brighter and not as washed out on the cube"
Just you tell the pikeys that ok MATE
Wed 05/11/03 at 10:33
Regular
Sniper Rose, don't be a fanboy ass, there's nothing wrong with GameCube and sales prove nothing about the quality of gameplay (unless there are none at all).

Each console has its merits. The Xbox its hard disk and superior online play, the GameCube its quality first party exclusives and the fact it packs so much power into so small a space, and the PS2....er....erm....its non-symmetrical.

Its just unTITled that needs a good sorting out, and I vote Dark Mark does the honours.
Wed 05/11/03 at 11:26
Regular
Not that's comedy, referring to Gamecube as the darkside. So you're basically saying that Microsoft are the lightside? heh, I never though I'd see the day someone said that.
Wed 05/11/03 at 11:45
Regular
"aliens exist"
ok so instead of you homo1s saying things like "this is stupid" and "rubbish"

why not try to write somehting intelligent, these are the facts

gamecube -
CPU - IBM flipper
Graphics - ATI

X Box -
CPU - Intel
Grpahics - Nvidia

X BOX 2 -
CPU - IBM
Graphics - ATI

now see any resemblance between the cube and xbox 2???

yeah well inthink iv'e prooved my point, its called copying!!!
Wed 05/11/03 at 11:57
Regular
"aliens exist"
Sniper Rose wrote:
>
> That weirdo also said "now I realise they are probably impressed
> with the power the cube has in such a small space compared to their
> monstrosity of a brick"
> Well no were not impressed, maybe the 4 year old kid is that can't
> really tell what a good console is and by the age of 10 he will have
> an xbox. And as for the brick insult, where the hell do u get your
> bricks from. If you put the gaycube and the xbox in a fight I know
> which on will win.
>
1 - well fact is, what makes a good console isnt dodgy poor quality dvd playback, ok, its good games , to which not even billy gates himself can argue that the xbox has better wuality games than the cube!

2 - all the awards that nintendo win are voted for by 4 yr olds are they???? so games tm anbd edge, ects and E3 are wrong are they?? and i think you'll find they outnumber microsoft by about 10 -1

3) - games console cant fight loser

> "You can't actually tell the difference between the cube and
> xbox versions of most games, and if anything the graphics are
> brighter and not as washed out on the cube"
> Just you tell the pikeys that ok MATE

really so, please point me to a game where the xbox version of a game is so strikingly better than the gamecube version?? excluding lazy ports??
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:37
Regular
Untitled wrote:

> 1 - well fact is, what makes a good console isnt dodgy poor quality
> dvd playback, ok, its good games , to which not even billy gates
> himself can argue that the xbox has better wuality games than the
> cube!

I'm a Nintendo fan at heart. I normally buy GameCube versions of games if the Xbox versions don't have live capabilities purely because I prefer the GameCube and the GameCube's controller. However, I preferred Halo to Metroid Prime (don't give me any of that, 'It's not an FPS' crap) and I consider the DVD playback options a great bonus - after all, I wouldn't have a DVD player in my room otherwise.

2 - all the awards that nintendo win are voted for by 4 yr olds are
> they???? so games tm anbd edge, ects and E3 are wrong are they?? and
> i think you'll find they outnumber microsoft by about 10 -1

I'm not sure why you included magazines/shows into the argument, but I do understand the point you're trying to make. In Japan, more adults have bought the GameCube over the Xbox. It all depends on peoples tastes, as the difference in sales between Europe and Japan have proven. Sales shouldn't be a deciding factor on which console is the best - after all, if they were, no one would be playing the Xbox, that's for certain.

> 3) - games console cant fight loser

Indeed.

> really so, please point me to a game where the xbox version of a game
> is so strikingly better than the gamecube version?? excluding lazy
> ports??

Tetris Worlds - a whole new Live section has been included which allows vocal communications as well as online competing with anyone with the game and Xbox set up on Live in the world.
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Remember me?"
Untitled, were your parents related before they were married?
Thu 06/11/03 at 10:46
Regular
"QPR 1974"
If by 'related' you mean 'of the same sex', then yes. They were.
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Unretired"
> gamecube -
> CPU - IBM flipper
> Graphics - ATI
>
>
> X Box -
> CPU - Intel
> Grpahics - Nvidia
>
> X BOX 2 -
> CPU - IBM
> Graphics - ATI
>
> now see any resemblance between the cube and xbox 2???
>
>
> yeah well inthink iv'e prooved my point, its called copying!!!

You stupid ass, just because its by the same company dosnt mean they will be similar in any way. I'm sure microsoft had good reason to start a deal with IBM, maybe its over price, or just hardware. But trust me, the xbox 2 cpu will be completely different. Microsoft chose ATI over Nvidia as ATI are ahead of nVidia regarding pixel shader performance. Also I think Ps3 will use IBM too, oh my, they must be copying the gamecube!

From XBM on the subject of Xbox2 GPU:
"The chip will support the next generation of DirectX, likely to be called DirectX 10, and will use Samsung's GDDR2 SDRAM, which runs at 1600mhz"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.