GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why does the x box2 want to be the gamecube??? no really why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/11/03 at 21:36
Regular
"aliens exist"
ok, why dont microsoft just come out and say it, "what we really want the x box2 to be is, errrrrrrr basically a gamecube mrk2"

first of all they get nvidia to handle the graphics side of things (hmm now you'll remmber they currently produce the graphics engine for the gamecube)

secondly - they now go and get IBM to produce the CPU - (hmmm much like they currently do by way of the "flipper" CPU in the cube!0

now i realise they are probably impressed with the power the cube has in such a small space compared to their monstrosity of a brick, they probably realise that even though the xbox is apparantly super powerful, you cant actually tell the difference between the cube and xbox versions of most games, and if anything the graphics are brighter and not as washed out on the cube

so..........

why dont they just admit to basically wanting to recreate the cube as xbox ??
Fri 07/11/03 at 01:48
"I love yo... lamp."
Another reason for Microsoft changing manufacturers for the Xbox 2 is the price. MS and Nvidia had a minor legal tiff over MS wanting to pay Nvidia less so they could reduce the price of the xbox.

Also, IBM manfacture vast amounts of chips. If I remember rightly it is IBM that make the G5 processor for the latest Macs. And seeing as IBM invented the PC that seems a bit off no?

Except, they are just a big chip manufacturer, who also have a deal in place now with AMD.
Thu 06/11/03 at 20:56
"slightlyshortertagl"
Untitled wrote:
> gamecube -
> CPU - IBM flipper
> Graphics - ATI

What's an 'IBM flipper' ?

Nobody answer this.

I want Untitled's answer.
Thu 06/11/03 at 20:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
Belldandy wrote:
> jim-hat wrote:
> If by 'related' you mean 'of the same sex', then yes. They were.

Related just means related. Where the hell did you get the same sex bit from? Leave me alone.
Thu 06/11/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Remember me?"
Miserableman wrote:
> On behalf of the Nintendo forum, I'd like to apologise for letting
> this windowlicking inbred escape.

I just genuinely laughed out loud. :D
Thu 06/11/03 at 19:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thats ok mate. Remember - more chains next time, and maybe a few more locks. ;-)
Thu 06/11/03 at 19:46
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Untitled wrote:
> first of all they get nvidia to handle the [xbox] graphics side of things

Untitled wrote:
> X BOX 2 -
> Graphics - ATI

HAY MANG YOU GOT A GUD CONSISTANT PONT TEHER MAYBE WE SHUDD BE POKEMON BUDDYS????????????????????????????

On behalf of the Nintendo forum, I'd like to apologise for letting this windowlicking inbred escape.
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well he does a fine job of making himself look like a complete mong most of the time anyway, so yet another moment can't really drag him down much further.
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
jim-hat wrote:
> If by 'related' you mean 'of the same sex', then yes. They were.

Never a good idea to reply to someone's post if you don't know what they meant in the first place...
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Unretired"
> gamecube -
> CPU - IBM flipper
> Graphics - ATI
>
>
> X Box -
> CPU - Intel
> Grpahics - Nvidia
>
> X BOX 2 -
> CPU - IBM
> Graphics - ATI
>
> now see any resemblance between the cube and xbox 2???
>
>
> yeah well inthink iv'e prooved my point, its called copying!!!

You stupid ass, just because its by the same company dosnt mean they will be similar in any way. I'm sure microsoft had good reason to start a deal with IBM, maybe its over price, or just hardware. But trust me, the xbox 2 cpu will be completely different. Microsoft chose ATI over Nvidia as ATI are ahead of nVidia regarding pixel shader performance. Also I think Ps3 will use IBM too, oh my, they must be copying the gamecube!

From XBM on the subject of Xbox2 GPU:
"The chip will support the next generation of DirectX, likely to be called DirectX 10, and will use Samsung's GDDR2 SDRAM, which runs at 1600mhz"
Thu 06/11/03 at 10:46
Regular
"QPR 1974"
If by 'related' you mean 'of the same sex', then yes. They were.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.