GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Films to Look forward to..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/09/01 at 18:16
Regular
Let me know wht all u think r good movies to look out for or look forward to in the near future!
Mon 10/09/01 at 19:58
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Stryke wrote:

Jay and Silent Bob are charcters created by Kevin
> Smith for use in his films (the best of which is Dogma, by far).
> They just wander about and into trouble. Smith plays Silent Bob. For
> example , in Dogma, they wandered into a town and got caught up in a
> quest to save the world. Simple.

They basically got so big as Kevin Smith didn;t shoot enough coverage for Clerks (a film everyone seems reluctant to mention - Ben Afleck hasn't been in all KS's films as he wasn't in Clerks, and Clerks is infinately superior to Dogma). Anyway, if you watch Clerks you'll note that they don't actually do anything, they were used for easy gags, padding and coverage. They are in Mallrats as the mall is in the same town as the the Quick-Stop (Mallrats happens the day after Clerks), Jay and Silent Bob also take the trillogy from New Jersey in the first three films to Chiago in Dogma. This journey is told in the Jay and Silent Bob comic series.

Interesting note: Jay and Silent Bob could easily have been two totally different people. Silent Bob was originally to be played by an altogether different actor. However he pulled out of Clerks at the last moment and Kevin Smith was pushed into the role. As he wouldn't have time to learn any lines, his dialogue was given to Jay and Silent Bob was born.

When it came to make Mallrats (KS's only studio picture) the studio hated Jason Mews and wanted Seth Green to play Jay - to the extent that Green had been auditioned and was on stand by and the studio refused to fly out Mews to the shooting location and wouldn't give him a hotel room. However, Smith and Mosier refused and flew out Mews on their own cash, and he slept on Smiths floor. The studio said they'd give Mews a chance (not wanting to loose their hot director and his script) and after the first day's shooting they let it be.
Sun 09/09/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Swordfish.....again!

I was supposed to go see it last night but for some reason my watch was 1 hour and 20 minutes slow so I missed it. My friend was waiting down there for 20 minutes.

But he's forgiven me and we are going tonight. For all I know though, he might just not show up. That would be cold.
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The Matrix II
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:19
Regular
"Awwwwooooooo"
Spiderman!
Sat 08/09/01 at 14:40
Regular
Glad you agree.
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
Episode II will be awesome!!
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:22
Regular
Episode 2 is going to be great. Have faith, little pokemon thing.
Sat 08/09/01 at 12:23
carn't wait untill Epoisode 2 is released..............I enjoy a good laugh!
Fri 07/09/01 at 22:45
Regular
Hmm, maybe you're right. Arnie would be a bit old. I wouldn't mind a sequel to Dogma, if possible, though...
Fri 07/09/01 at 22:31
Regular
Terminator 4 how much would that suck, maybe another film but not four films, you know that any new Terminator film is gonna most likely suck anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.