GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"True Crime which console ???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:33
Regular
""To the pub...""
Yeah True Crime is out tommorow

(and plz i don't want people coming in here if they don't like the game)

all i want to know is which console i should get it on since i have all 3 and i've narrowed it down to PS2 or XBOX since gamecube has to wait longer the only advantages i can see is PS2 is slightly cheaper but XBOX has probably got better graphics ? which console u gonna get it on ?
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:33
Regular
""To the pub...""
Yeah True Crime is out tommorow

(and plz i don't want people coming in here if they don't like the game)

all i want to know is which console i should get it on since i have all 3 and i've narrowed it down to PS2 or XBOX since gamecube has to wait longer the only advantages i can see is PS2 is slightly cheaper but XBOX has probably got better graphics ? which console u gonna get it on ?
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:37
Regular
If I decide to buy it, I'll probably go for the Xbox version.

But I'm waiting till you lot buy it, play it and review it - properly, rather than slating it because of the demo.

Who knows, it may have been vastly improved since then...
Thu 06/11/03 at 17:43
Regular
""To the pub...""
yeah spose i'll get xbox version well i'll give u a review i have'nt played the demo but to me this game looks great.

:) now all i have to do is get someone to buy it for me tommorow and see what its like when i get back from college
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:20
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I'm interested in this game, but unless I win the lottery this weekend then it's going to stay just that - interested.
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
Rated 7.2/10 by Gamespot - Might not be that bad after all. Might rent it out at some point
Thu 06/11/03 at 19:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
9/10 and 7.2/10.

Great and good. Meh.
Thu 06/11/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'll be getting True Crime for X-Box so that I don't have to use space on my PS2 memory card. I must admit I did't think the demo was all that great, but Activision/Luxoflux have had plenty of extra time since then to sort out the problems, so I reckon it'll turn out good in the end.
Thu 06/11/03 at 23:25
"High polygon count"
I was going to get this tomorrow, but having just read the review and watched the videos on Gamespot, I don't think I'll bother.

You'd be better off going for the Xbox GTA3/Vice City pack, I reckon.
Fri 07/11/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I'm getting the Xbox version! Purely because you can do the custom soundtrack option, which is great! I went on the IGN True Crime board and most of them state that the Xbox version is the best and the PS2 version is the worst (it's American so the Gamecube version is out also). They have also complained however about Freezing and many other glitches in the Xbox version, the Americans seem to have 3 kind's of Xbox disc Drvies by different companies; Phillips, Samsung, thompson. You can tell which one you have by looking at the link the person has created, (use my link below to get to the topic which has the link to see which Xbox you have, 3 pictures of Xbox disc drives can be seen) It seems that the Samsung one doesn't crash at all and the Thompson one is the worst crashing every 30 minutes or so! I have the samsung one thank-god, HOWEVER i don't know if the European Xbox's have 3 different Xbox disc drives but will soon find out if you state you have another one! Also that's the USA version of the game and the European one might not have any crashing at all! Here is the Link to the topic about the Xbox version crashing then follow the instructions! :)

http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=47775020&replies=34
Fri 07/11/03 at 11:58
Regular
No point wasting your time on pap like this when Rainbow Six 3 has just been released.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.