GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ah the allure of budget games..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/11/03 at 19:33
Regular
"8==="
Around 80 quid just got me:

Battle Engine aquila
The Thing
Bloodrayne
Dead to Rites (pre-viewed)
Speed Kings

I am a happy bunny, The Thing was recommended to me ages ago along with C:DS but I got C:DS a lot earlier because of the multiplayer. Bloodrayne I have always wanted since I set eyes on it. Battle Engine aquila looks awesome! Dead to Rights was at a bargain price and looks like a blend of GTA with Max Payne. Speed Kings looks like the natural successor to Road Rash 64, I've browsed the manual and it's full of modes.

More on all these as I play them.

My mate's coming round with some drinks so it'll be some alcohol fueled Speed Kings first I think...
Thu 06/11/03 at 19:33
Regular
"8==="
Around 80 quid just got me:

Battle Engine aquila
The Thing
Bloodrayne
Dead to Rites (pre-viewed)
Speed Kings

I am a happy bunny, The Thing was recommended to me ages ago along with C:DS but I got C:DS a lot earlier because of the multiplayer. Bloodrayne I have always wanted since I set eyes on it. Battle Engine aquila looks awesome! Dead to Rights was at a bargain price and looks like a blend of GTA with Max Payne. Speed Kings looks like the natural successor to Road Rash 64, I've browsed the manual and it's full of modes.

More on all these as I play them.

My mate's coming round with some drinks so it'll be some alcohol fueled Speed Kings first I think...
Thu 06/11/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Well of those I've got Bloodrayne (had since release) and Dead To Rights (secondhand) and I think both are great games - Bloodrayne was overlooked and underscored though you do have to perservere - the opening Louisiana level can be annoying, but after that it's all good Nazi/demon (is there a difference?) killing fun. Dead To Rights is far harder than Max Payne and has a decentish plot to it, along with a decent variety of levels, weapons and stuff.
Thu 06/11/03 at 23:46
Regular
You got those 5 games for £80 and you think you got a bargain?

Heh, some people make me laugh.
Fri 07/11/03 at 16:00
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You got those 5 games for £80 and you think you got a bargain?
>
> Heh, some people make me laugh.

Thats what i thought.
Fri 07/11/03 at 16:05
Regular
the thing - yeah
the rest - meh
Fri 07/11/03 at 16:12
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You got those 5 games for £80 and you think you got a bargain?
>
> Heh, some people make me laugh.
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:02
Regular
"8==="
Hmmmm let me see....

5 games at estimated RRP of 30-odd quid when they first came out: 150 quid

Price I paid for 5 games: 80 quid

Just over half the value they were originally at? Bargain? Indeedy.

If I'd bought two games directly from the games publishers it would've cost me 80 quid for 2 games.
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:12
Regular
Bargain? They range from absolute bollo*ks to average at the best of times. I would say you were ripped off.
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Because I'm bored (and waiting for a download to finish before I play Rainbow) I'll try a certain games site for the games Hedfix bought to see what they would have cost:

Amazon

Bloodrayne 19.99
Speed Kings 16.99
Dead To Rights 19.00 (secondhand price)
Battle Engine 34.99
Thing 19.99

Total 110.96

AGME

Bloodrayne 19.99
Speed Kings 19.99
Dead To Rights 39.99 new so Game would sell secondhand for 29.99
Battle Engine 19.99
Thing 19.99

Total 109.95

Special Reserve

Bloodrayne 29.99
Speed Kings 18.99
Dead To Rights 35.99 new so say £25 secondhand ?
Battle Engine 36.99
Thing 19.99

Total 130.96

So Hedfix has saved a minimum of £30 on internet prices, and actually gone out into the real world to buy them. If he normally goes to SR then he saved a massive 50.96 on their prices but if he had bought from SR he would have got 5 reddies to exchange for a gift. At game he would have got points equalling a 2.50 rewards voucher, at Amazon sweet FA.
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:20
Regular
But the fact you could have got 2 top Xbox games and a decent classic range game for the same price from Amazon... Its all down to opinion and I suppose some people don't mind what they play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.