GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best 'LIVE' game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/11/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
I will be going LIVE very, very soon. There are a few Live enabled games in the market now but what games should I get. I would like your favourites from each genre, FPS, sport, racing (car or bike), etc.

I like the look of Conflict Desert Storm II as it doesn't seem to difficult to control (played demo), but what do I know?
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:13
Regular
mmmmm Counterstrike :)
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:44
Regular
Midtown Madness is just a really shallow game, it's kinda like a chat room really but you also get to drive exceedingly dull cars.

best i would have to say is Rainbow Six 3 by a long shot, coming in a quite far back second would be Amped 2 and Soldier of Fortune 2.

Then of course we've got TOCA, Counterstrike, PGR2, Links 2004 and NHL Rivals all coming up in the next few weeks. Should be a busy time me thinks...
Sun 16/11/03 at 10:21
Regular
"  "
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> PGR and PGR 2 have very advanced physics engines in them. They do
> handle realistically. Either 1) you're just crap at it :-p or 2) You
> have never tryed flooring a Ferrari around Westminster.
>
> The only time I spin in PGR is when I hit solid objects at 100 miles
> an hour. Or more.

I disagree, I think the handling feels very 'flat', and there are much better examples of good handling (SEGA GT, Colin McRae, and TOCA Race Driver), two of which are coming out on Live in the next week or so.
Sun 16/11/03 at 02:00
"I love yo... lamp."
PGR and PGR 2 have very advanced physics engines in them. They do handle realistically. Either 1) you're just crap at it :-p or 2) You have never tryed flooring a Ferrari around Westminster.

The only time I spin in PGR is when I hit solid objects at 100 miles an hour. Or more.
Sat 15/11/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Remember me?"
Midtown Madness 3
Rainbow Six 3

THE two best Live games at the moment. I predict Amped 2 will be muchos goodos online too, although I haven't gotten round to playing it on Live yet.
Sat 15/11/03 at 22:30
Regular
rallisport challenge is nearly as good as sega rally if you've got a steering wheel. - in my opinion
Sat 15/11/03 at 22:26
Regular
The handling of PGR2 is not that different to a rally game - and so, I will and have compared it :D
Sat 15/11/03 at 22:23
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Best handling in a game I've played so far is Sega Rally 2 in the
> arcade.

agreed, it was very good, although I think the first game was slightly better. of course, that's a rally game though, and can't be compared to a track racer.
Sat 15/11/03 at 22:22
Regular
I don't - I attempt to drive in games like that as I do in real life.

That's how I know the handling is crap.

Best handling in a game I've played so far is Sega Rally 2 in the arcade.
Sat 15/11/03 at 22:11
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Edgy wrote:
> I wouldn't bother with PGR2 unless you like driving games with
> unrealistic handling that sees you doing a 720 at the slightest tap
> of the controls.

Dont accelerate while turning the wheel then :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.