GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A, B or C?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/09/01 at 00:30
Regular
Monday lunchtime, I was in Game and made a spur-of-the-moment purchase: Eurofighter Typhoon.

It's cack, and I plan to take it back on Saturday. My question is, what do I get in its place?

A. Sudden Strike
B. Operation Flashpoint
C. My money back

I like isometric strategy games like C&C Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun - but how does Sudden Strike measure up?

I also like FPS games like Project IGI, Soldier of Fortune and co. How does Operation Flashpoint compare to these?

So, if anyone owns either of the two games, let me know what they're like. I've read a few reviews, but some personal experience and opinion would be nice.
Thu 06/09/01 at 19:28
B.
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
you re-spwan as a seagul? I've never done that before, cool, I'll have to look out for it.
erm, it seems you'll have quite a few new members soon goatboy. not my fault.
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:09
Regular
"i'll destroy you al"
I say you get your money back and save it up for a while you never know you might see comkers bad furday or another exxelent game that you want.

anyway it's up to you
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:08
Regular
I may have to get this game and join The Dentists.....
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Driving is hard and nobody wants the responsibility of going the wrong way, so we all pile into the back and passenger side.

Everyone sitting on the floor and saluting whilst Jungle stood 30 yards away and unleashed his LAW into us all.

One survived and spent the remaining 20 mins crawling down the road (when injured badly you crawl) whilst the rest of us flew around his head.
(when you die and there's no respawn,you turn into a seagull that you can control)

So 8 seagulls buzz-bombing a wounded Dentist.

This is the best game ever made
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:01
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
LOL, I can imagine, no driver? LOL
Thu 06/09/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
Once
> I'm used to the game, I may well join UKD.

Used to the game?
We're not the SAS mate, best way to learn is to jump in and run everyone over in a nice yellow sports-car.

Last night's game is a perfect example:
Had to ambush a patrol and blow up a tank.

So 9 of us piled into the truck to get there, except we forgot someone had to drive. 5 mins of "Move you monkey" before the passenger up-front (me) says "Er...we don't have a driver", which meant 8 men trying to jump in the front whilst Junglefunker ran out in front and blew us all up with a LAW.

We Ownz J00
Thu 06/09/01 at 12:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
A bit late, but...

Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Anyway, if MGS taught me anything, it's how to get in and out without being noticed...

Imaginging a 8 foot wookie monster with a cardbord box on his head running into a game shop and hiding behind the pre-owned bin..

Ho ho!
Thu 06/09/01 at 12:42
"High polygon count"
Been reading some reviews and looking at some screenshots...

I've practically settled on Flashpoint now.

Roll on Saturday!

Once I'm used to the game, I may well join UKD. Trying to get on in any other clan is like having teeth pulled...
Thu 06/09/01 at 12:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My Clan is NOT funny.

We take a great deal of pride and demand respect for our abilities to salute fauna, hijack skodas and run each other down and charge about the battlefield shouting "We Ownz J00"

We're not called The Dent...actually you're right.

The Dentists are a clan of mindless idiots.
And I'm the boss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.