GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A, B or C?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/09/01 at 00:30
Regular
Monday lunchtime, I was in Game and made a spur-of-the-moment purchase: Eurofighter Typhoon.

It's cack, and I plan to take it back on Saturday. My question is, what do I get in its place?

A. Sudden Strike
B. Operation Flashpoint
C. My money back

I like isometric strategy games like C&C Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun - but how does Sudden Strike measure up?

I also like FPS games like Project IGI, Soldier of Fortune and co. How does Operation Flashpoint compare to these?

So, if anyone owns either of the two games, let me know what they're like. I've read a few reviews, but some personal experience and opinion would be nice.
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:30
"High polygon count"
Monday lunchtime, I was in Game and made a spur-of-the-moment purchase: Eurofighter Typhoon.

It's cack, and I plan to take it back on Saturday. My question is, what do I get in its place?

A. Sudden Strike
B. Operation Flashpoint
C. My money back

I like isometric strategy games like C&C Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun - but how does Sudden Strike measure up?

I also like FPS games like Project IGI, Soldier of Fortune and co. How does Operation Flashpoint compare to these?

So, if anyone owns either of the two games, let me know what they're like. I've read a few reviews, but some personal experience and opinion would be nice.
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:36
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I would say Operation Flashpoint but you need a pretty good Pc to run it. Sudden strike look good but I haven't played it.

Talking about that I haven't player Operation flashpoint either!
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:41
Operation flashpoint
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:42
its a good game
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:58
"High polygon count"
GasMask wrote:
> I would say Operation Flashpoint but you need a pretty good Pc to
> run it.

MAXX P4 1.7Ghz with GeForce3 shuold suffice... ;-)
Thu 06/09/01 at 01:03
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> GasMask wrote:
> I would say Operation Flashpoint but you need a
> pretty good Pc to
> run it.

MAXX P4 1.7Ghz with GeForce3
> shuold suffice... ;-)

Well it might, should just about work on that crappy computer :-D
Thu 06/09/01 at 02:47
Regular
Thier ten days return policy is quality. you do have a CD-writer dont ya? ;-)
Thu 06/09/01 at 09:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Flashpoint.

And then be A Dentist

We Ownz J00
Thu 06/09/01 at 09:31
Regular
I can't believe you went into Game anyway.

Didn't he mind?

:-)
Thu 06/09/01 at 09:42
"High polygon count"
Ba†is†u†a wrote:
> Thier ten days return policy is quality. you do have a CD-writer
> dont ya? ;-)

I do indeed, but...

a) I don't believe in piracy
b) Even if I did, why would I want to copy a game I can't stand?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.