GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Coke or Coffee"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 23:53
Regular
Well we all know that somehow people who either work or spend most of their time with PCs drink Coffee, but since some of you on SR don't like coffee, I was wondering maybe you like Coke.
The thing is they both have caffine in them and i'm tired already, should I drink the coffee my dad just brewed or should I get a cool refreshing glass of coke?

Coffee - well, I hate coffee infact since my last job when all I did was answer a phone and make coffee for 10 people then sit down and answer more phones, coffee seems to be my least favorite drink.
I now that a lot of computer lovers stay up until the early hours of the morning after an early morning and a hard day at work, why do you do it? how do you keep your eyes open? is it your coffee? do you drink it by the gallons? are supermarkets only stocking the stuff because of these kind of people, people who maybe open a jar of Nescafe every day?
well, maybe you like coffee, maybe you think it's doing you good, but yet it's just the heat of the drink that keeps your blood flowing enough to keep you awake?
do you find yourself reaching for the cup everytime you click on a fresh link or discover something you've never notcied before, maybe when your fidling around the back of your pc you have a quick sip to freshen your brain before thinking about something.
Do you rely on coffee, do you think you rely on coffee.
Do you like the taste of coffee, do you drink anything else but coffee during the hours of: 6am - 5:59am?
all these questions they don't need answers.

Coke - mmmm, cool refreshing coke, it's an international drink, American's love it, when Aliens make first contact they will point at a coke sign and we'll have intergalactic peace!
I love sitting out in my garden with a cool glass of coke on my lips, the ice brings the temperature down and my brain goes into a fresh bliss. The Coke doesn't awaken my senses, it makes my throat bubble with joy, my taste buds jump up and down and my lips move into what is known as a smile.
Coke is the young persons drink, you buy it in bottles and cans at school, you get huge cups full of it at the cinema, you have it with your meal at a resturant, unless you lock yourself away in a dark soundproof cupboard you can't get away from it.

conclusion - you don't need them, you need a motivation, if Steven Hawkins produced small cartons of water and manufactured it as a new stay awake cure, if you drank it, maybe it would have the same effect, maybe you could work a little faster, maybe you'd write a little faster, why, you'd even talk a little faster, could you have a water overdose? yes, you'd get so pumped up on water your blood would start circulating around your body, you'd feel the effects, your bain starts to clear and everything seems fine.

thankyou.
Thu 06/09/01 at 15:08
I think the most disturbing thing about that certain drink is:

Each day, it takes 140 years of manpower to produce enough of it to cover Europe’s demand. That’s two people’s entire lifetimes – just to produce that drink. I don’t reckon that drink is that good. The money would still be there, the workforce would still be there – surely the human race could produce something a little more essential.
Thu 06/09/01 at 15:04
Regular
real coffee smells nice not that nescafe crap the real stuff freshly ground up...mmmmmmmm cant stand the taste though yuk
Thu 06/09/01 at 15:03
Regular
Coke just doesnt taste like it used to so its pepsi for me....

also if you soak a copper coin in coca cola it will look brand new in less than an hour!

the same with tomato ketchup! cool eh
Thu 06/09/01 at 15:00
"High polygon count"
kevd wrote:
> COKE You'll never drink it again:

And it cleans 1p and 2p coins, too! Damned handy stuff - I'm drinking some now!

Back to coffee though...

I love the smell and taste of coffee - when it's hot, anyway.

I cannot STAND the smell or taste of *cold* coffee though - it almost makes me physically sick, and once it's gone cold, I have to tip it away. I can't have it anywhere near me, because of the smell.
Thu 06/09/01 at 14:55
wrote:
> COKE You'll never drink it again:
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and .......Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
Its Ph is 2.8.

It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:56
"possibly impossible"
Water is apparently just as good for keeping your brain active as caffine and actually has good side effects, rather than those that you get from coke or coffee.

If you have to drink caffine, why not Tea? It has antitoxins that help flush all the bad crap out of your body and it's refreshing too.
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:35
Regular
Dr Pepper is the best canned soft drink. It is just so.... nice but in a strange way. What does it taste like.
Thu 06/09/01 at 10:35
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Petroleum Nights wrote:
But I'm sure Pepsi is good too...

Pepsis horrible! sheesh, how could you think of it + it's not in the title.
I don't drink coke much, but I don't stay up until 3am because my pc is next to my parents room (darnit) soon i'll have my own pc but until then, I guess i'll keep drinking coke.
Thu 06/09/01 at 08:43
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
Does anyone
> else find that Coke tastes best after chips, or a bag of salt &
> vinegar crisps? :-)

Yep, I'll tell you what else tastes nice as well. If you have some chocolate in your mouth, and let it melt slowly, then have a couple of Wine Gums, thats well tasty!
Thu 06/09/01 at 02:45
Regular
personally i think coke tastes like crap. of course i also hate it becasue it gives me nose bleeds, but still...it tastes like crap. I mean, what the hell is it anyway? some vegetable extract crap? what da hell are ya drinking! ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.