GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Coke or Coffee"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 23:53
Regular
Well we all know that somehow people who either work or spend most of their time with PCs drink Coffee, but since some of you on SR don't like coffee, I was wondering maybe you like Coke.
The thing is they both have caffine in them and i'm tired already, should I drink the coffee my dad just brewed or should I get a cool refreshing glass of coke?

Coffee - well, I hate coffee infact since my last job when all I did was answer a phone and make coffee for 10 people then sit down and answer more phones, coffee seems to be my least favorite drink.
I now that a lot of computer lovers stay up until the early hours of the morning after an early morning and a hard day at work, why do you do it? how do you keep your eyes open? is it your coffee? do you drink it by the gallons? are supermarkets only stocking the stuff because of these kind of people, people who maybe open a jar of Nescafe every day?
well, maybe you like coffee, maybe you think it's doing you good, but yet it's just the heat of the drink that keeps your blood flowing enough to keep you awake?
do you find yourself reaching for the cup everytime you click on a fresh link or discover something you've never notcied before, maybe when your fidling around the back of your pc you have a quick sip to freshen your brain before thinking about something.
Do you rely on coffee, do you think you rely on coffee.
Do you like the taste of coffee, do you drink anything else but coffee during the hours of: 6am - 5:59am?
all these questions they don't need answers.

Coke - mmmm, cool refreshing coke, it's an international drink, American's love it, when Aliens make first contact they will point at a coke sign and we'll have intergalactic peace!
I love sitting out in my garden with a cool glass of coke on my lips, the ice brings the temperature down and my brain goes into a fresh bliss. The Coke doesn't awaken my senses, it makes my throat bubble with joy, my taste buds jump up and down and my lips move into what is known as a smile.
Coke is the young persons drink, you buy it in bottles and cans at school, you get huge cups full of it at the cinema, you have it with your meal at a resturant, unless you lock yourself away in a dark soundproof cupboard you can't get away from it.

conclusion - you don't need them, you need a motivation, if Steven Hawkins produced small cartons of water and manufactured it as a new stay awake cure, if you drank it, maybe it would have the same effect, maybe you could work a little faster, maybe you'd write a little faster, why, you'd even talk a little faster, could you have a water overdose? yes, you'd get so pumped up on water your blood would start circulating around your body, you'd feel the effects, your bain starts to clear and everything seems fine.

thankyou.
Wed 05/09/01 at 23:53
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Well we all know that somehow people who either work or spend most of their time with PCs drink Coffee, but since some of you on SR don't like coffee, I was wondering maybe you like Coke.
The thing is they both have caffine in them and i'm tired already, should I drink the coffee my dad just brewed or should I get a cool refreshing glass of coke?

Coffee - well, I hate coffee infact since my last job when all I did was answer a phone and make coffee for 10 people then sit down and answer more phones, coffee seems to be my least favorite drink.
I now that a lot of computer lovers stay up until the early hours of the morning after an early morning and a hard day at work, why do you do it? how do you keep your eyes open? is it your coffee? do you drink it by the gallons? are supermarkets only stocking the stuff because of these kind of people, people who maybe open a jar of Nescafe every day?
well, maybe you like coffee, maybe you think it's doing you good, but yet it's just the heat of the drink that keeps your blood flowing enough to keep you awake?
do you find yourself reaching for the cup everytime you click on a fresh link or discover something you've never notcied before, maybe when your fidling around the back of your pc you have a quick sip to freshen your brain before thinking about something.
Do you rely on coffee, do you think you rely on coffee.
Do you like the taste of coffee, do you drink anything else but coffee during the hours of: 6am - 5:59am?
all these questions they don't need answers.

Coke - mmmm, cool refreshing coke, it's an international drink, American's love it, when Aliens make first contact they will point at a coke sign and we'll have intergalactic peace!
I love sitting out in my garden with a cool glass of coke on my lips, the ice brings the temperature down and my brain goes into a fresh bliss. The Coke doesn't awaken my senses, it makes my throat bubble with joy, my taste buds jump up and down and my lips move into what is known as a smile.
Coke is the young persons drink, you buy it in bottles and cans at school, you get huge cups full of it at the cinema, you have it with your meal at a resturant, unless you lock yourself away in a dark soundproof cupboard you can't get away from it.

conclusion - you don't need them, you need a motivation, if Steven Hawkins produced small cartons of water and manufactured it as a new stay awake cure, if you drank it, maybe it would have the same effect, maybe you could work a little faster, maybe you'd write a little faster, why, you'd even talk a little faster, could you have a water overdose? yes, you'd get so pumped up on water your blood would start circulating around your body, you'd feel the effects, your bain starts to clear and everything seems fine.

thankyou.
Wed 05/09/01 at 23:55
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
I drink Ribena!
Wed 05/09/01 at 23:56
Regular
I usually stay up till 5am witout any caffine at all. I never drink coffee and i never go near coke becasue it gives me nosebleeds!

Just one bottle of Evian keeps me up.
Wed 05/09/01 at 23:58
"I love yo... lamp."
Irn Bru is the best but yes i do have a lot of coffee when i am on the PC.
Wed 05/09/01 at 23:59
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
darn, oh well, i'm thinking about writing a topic about the difference and simulaities between gaming and pregnancy tomorrow!
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:15
I like coke.
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:17
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Petroleum Nights wrote:
> I like coke.

:D
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:21
Regular
I need some more CCCOOOFFFFEEE mmmuussstt hhhavvee CCCAAAAFFFEEEEIIINNNEEEE,
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:34
"High polygon count"
Coffee or Coke - it's all good!

Caffeine does nothing for me personally, with regard to staying awake - probably because I take in so much of it.

I generally prefer coffee in the mornings, coke during the day - and have recently (since I went to Florida) taken to drinking a bottle of mineral water every evening.

Does anyone else find that Coke tastes best after chips, or a bag of salt & vinegar crisps? :-)
Thu 06/09/01 at 00:40
Can we talk about Coca-Cola like this?
You know, without mentioning Pepsi?

Me, after a bag of chips, I like the taste of hmmm... Coca-cola. But I'm sure Pepsi is good too...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.