GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSX 3000"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SSX 3'.
Sun 09/11/03 at 16:18
Regular
Okay, the game is great, that much is certain, and the peak 3 entire race/jam, WOAH! 30 minutes of pure snowboarding amazingness in one massive run. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Anyway, the question:

I now have enough money to buy most stuff, and one thing that has caught my eye is the SSX 3000. Now, I bought this without saving to test it out, and it seems to have some wort of weird scoop/exhaust thing underneath, but apart from that I can see no difference. It seemed to make no difference to my stats or abilities (unlike the boards in Tricky), and apparently has no other skills other than it looks pretty good.

Does anybody know if this is true, or is there something I've missed?

Also, while I remember, one of the career highlights is to do a 100x combo. Hence much guttedness at getting to 93x and then fluffing it up with a simple backflip. Duh! Ah well.
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:50
"LOLLERSKATES!"
yes there is no denying it, ssx 3 is top quality!!!!!!
Thu 13/11/03 at 14:31
Regular
the spanker wrote:
> They are the number of polygons that you currently have. If the bar
> get's too high you can't equip any more stuff.

Ah, thanks a lot, that explains it. It makes sense too as adding stuff like hats made the bar go up significantly, as do bags etc... Interesting.

As for the 100x combo, I have no intention of just sitting there doing 180 degree spins. I want to do it properly, and that'll have to be on the peak 3 to valley slopestyle event, a full 100x combo with all the trimmings. Should be worth several million points.
Mon 10/11/03 at 21:03
Regular
"bonnie"
SSX pro I think you wbated to know something like this:

what are those 1 and 2 bars beside your character in the costum screen? do I have to the the higher bar possible?
---
Video games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching magic pills and listening to techno

From: bief | Posted: 11/10/2003 3:30:34 AM | Message Detail
They are the number of polygons that you currently have. If the bar get's too high you can't equip any more stuff.
Mon 10/11/03 at 17:15
Regular
"Stay cool but burn!"
the spanker wrote:
>
> Do a simple race, then at the end simply do the jump and left and
> right constantly. x100 very fast.

I got a x976 combo, just doing loads of 180 dagree jumps, got about 450,000 points for it too. You should just try doing that for the career highlight.
Mon 10/11/03 at 16:33
Regular
"bonnie"
> Also, while I remember, one of the career highlights is to do a 100x
> combo. Hence much guttedness at getting to 93x and then fluffing it
> up with a simple backflip. Duh! Ah well.

Why take all that effort?

Do a simple race, then at the end simply do the jump and left and right constantly. x100 very fast.
Mon 10/11/03 at 16:32
Regular
"bonnie"
Nothing happens when you get full stats, I should know :D

I've got all things on peak 1 + 2 done, just need 6 Big things on peak 3 then I've completed all 3 peaks.
Mon 10/11/03 at 16:06
Regular
On the dollars thing, I don't think there was all that much time converting, as I was unaware of a significantly early release date for the game in any other territory.

As for the stats, what does the 1 and 2 thing mean when you equip your rider? This is what made me wonder if adding gear does affect your stats. There is bar 1, your current status, and bar 2, your status after equipping or removing a certain item - located on the right of the screen. Does this have some effect, or is it just a fashion meter? Does something special happen if you manage to get your character to have a full bar?

I would try and answer my own question, but I don't have the manual. Doh!
Mon 10/11/03 at 14:13
Regular
"Hallelujah"
A well raised point! Although Tomb Raider: Angel of darkness was in Euro's.
Mon 10/11/03 at 11:21
Regular
"bonnie"
Mr Pink wrote:
> I know the feeling, spent £150,000 on it and it does nout.

Best if it was $ though.

Thats a complain I have with games, it takes so long to get a european release, then when we do, it isn't even our currency.
Mon 10/11/03 at 11:20
Regular
"bonnie"
The boards, the clothes and all the stuff you buy, except ubers, do nack all for your stats.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.