GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Um...something not in the GameCube manual..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 17:09
Regular
Hmm...Whilst I was watching a DVD on my Xbox, I noticed the GameCube (which was powered off) was flashing its power light on and off, but paler than when the Cube is actually on.

It only seems to do it when my Xbox is on, and I know is related in some way to the scart cable of the GameCube, but when I looked in the manual for the GameCube, I couldn't find anything about a flashing light.

Any ideas why the light is flashing?
Fri 14/11/03 at 10:29
Regular
Heh - I might try that on a Playstation 2...I've heard it has the same effect.
Thu 13/11/03 at 23:09
"possibly impossible"
Something else not in the manual - there are hidden pieces of cube which you can access by using a baseball bat and force. They seem to spring out of no-where.
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:22
Regular
Now that is tempting :D
Thu 13/11/03 at 00:32
Buy a silver PS2 and you may get a Q :)
Wed 12/11/03 at 21:25
Regular
Aye, you should sue Sony for that :D
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:08
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Microchips wrote:
>
> It's Billy's box killing us all with radiation!
>
> Sounds rather likely - It's turned me GameCube purple after all!

My brothers PS2 turned mine a black colour...

Evil evil thing!
Wed 12/11/03 at 08:59
Regular
Do you mean power socket or Scart socket?

For it is both :D
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:57
Regular
Are they connected into the same socket via an adapter?

If so, it could be the AC current travelling up and down faintly when it's not wanted, hence why it's flashing.
Mon 10/11/03 at 21:15
Regular
Looked funny though :D
Mon 10/11/03 at 21:15
Regular
That would probably damage my TV in some way...

Infact I've done that before - having both my GameCube and Xbox on at the same time (accidentally pressed the Xbox power instead of GameCube to turn it off). The screen just looks confused and weird as both devices fight for the picture whilst the sound just mixes. Can't be good for the electron-emitters.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.