GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you take any notice of the age rating on games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 19:12
Regular
Ok here is my attempt at winning GAD.

Do people really take notice of the age rating on games, are sure you don't as many of you have probably a horror game, like Resident Evil series, and these games have a age rating, for instance Resident evil games have a age 18+ age rating, so this is saying that we should not be able to buy these games if we are under that age.

I mean its not like after playing Resident Evil we are gonna go out buy a gun and start shooting people that look like the dead. (It would be fun though) but we just wouldn't do that.

Most games though have a age 15+ for swearing in games like Metal Gear Solid, which to me is stupid because I am sure that everyone will agree that we have all seen a TV programme with swearing in it, whats the big deal, everyone swears from time to time.

The age ratings to me are stupid for some games, take for instance a wrestling game, they have about a 15+ on them because of the weapons, fighting and stuff like that, I mean all my friends have got Smackdown 1,2 or they have No Mercy, me I have Smackdown 1, 2, and getting WWF Smackdown: JBI.

People are thinking that games influence that much that we are gonna get a gun after buying a game with a gun or some other kind of weapon and start being a crazed phsycopath. GAMES DO NOT INFLUENCE US THAT MUCH!

The point is that nearly everyone has probably got a game that is over their age limit according to the age rating on games and people should stop thinking that games make us crazy and enjoy gaming.

I hope SR noticed this and i hope you all agree with me, feel free to disagree
Sun 09/09/01 at 22:10
Not forgetting ELPSA.
Sun 09/09/01 at 20:37
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
And Scary Old Men.
Sun 09/09/01 at 18:31
Regular
slik wrote:
> Q.who actually cares about the age ratings on

over protective parents
Sun 09/09/01 at 13:36
Regular
"DS..."
Q.who actually cares about the age ratings on games?
A.NOBODY!
slik ~_~
Sun 09/09/01 at 11:48
Who knows? wrote:
> No, i don´t pay attention to the age rating...

My god how grown up are you, DUDE you totally rule.
Sun 09/09/01 at 11:39
AT ALL!
Sun 09/09/01 at 11:38
No, i don´t pay attention to the age rating...
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:18
Regular
"Awwwwooooooo"
Bouncerboy Scott wrote:

> Evil sorry i didn't know that it is a 15+ but what is Metal Gear
> Solids rating?

Sun 09/09/01 at 01:15
Regular
"Awwwwooooooo"
if kids want to get their hands on a game out of their age range they will get their hand on it...either through parents or older brother and sisters.yada yada... i can though see the point in age restrictions...because say smackdown has a 15+ rating the is a smaller chance of some dumb 8 year old boy breaking his younger sisters neck performing the peoples elbow.
Fri 07/09/01 at 21:01
Regular
Dark Reaper I didn't know that you are not suppose to put that it is a GAD attempt, sorry won't do in future and in answer to Resident Evil sorry i didn't know that it is a 15+ but what is Metal Gear Solids rating?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.