GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Gamecube! The Preview!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 17:52
Regular
I have posted this in the reviews section but i posted it here as well. So no complaining.

It's nearly here Nintendo Fans. The Nintendo Gamecube will be here 9 days from the day this review was written. So not long to wait now if you are planning on importing one.

Now the Gamecube will be a 4 player console that will come in a variety of colours including gold, silver, purple and red. Nintendo have also decided to go for the option of using CD's instead of their favourite, cartridges. The CD's won't be normal sized like the PS2 and X-Box. They will be mini CD's that ninty say will cost less to make and buy.

Now the games for the Gamecube are looking really good.

With Luigi's Haunted Mansion and Wave Race: Blue Storm as launch titles and Super Smash Brothers Melee and Rouge Leader on the way the future looks good for the GameCube.

Now there will also be a special Gamecube that will cost around £100 more than the original but it will play DVD's. Ninty probably didn't want to be left out of the DVD market as they're 2 rivals have opted to use DVD's.

The console has not yet been set a british price but it should be around £150. Quite a good price for a games console in this generation of games.

So if you really want a Gamecube then it is cheaper than any other console with better graohics so when it comes out. Buy it.

PS. You can pre-order it from Special Reserve for £20.

Thanks 4 reading, Afro
Wed 12/09/01 at 22:01
Regular
Rogue Leader lacks multiplayer.

BIG disappointment there.

Still, so long as the single player mode is good, I'll let it off.
Wed 12/09/01 at 21:02
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader. Without a shadow of a doubt.
Wed 12/09/01 at 20:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
i am just breaking the silence in this topic.

what is the best looking GC ggame now that it has been seen a lot and all the games are looking great. but what really is the best looking?
Tue 11/09/01 at 09:57
Regular
"DS..."
Actually i think it's more of a Beeeeeeeeepppppp, but anyway what's with it?
slik ~_~
Mon 10/09/01 at 20:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
wot was with the beeeeeeeeeeep?
Sun 09/09/01 at 17:52
Regular
Beeeeeeeeeeepppppppppp
Sun 09/09/01 at 17:30
Regular
Oh yeah and Sonic and his mates r goin to b on Actua Soccer for the Gamecube.
Sun 09/09/01 at 17:28
Regular
Has anyone seen pics of Doshin the Giant?? Oh yeah and Super Gohan, I think it's called Dark Night.
Sun 09/09/01 at 16:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
slik wrote:
> £500! surely it's better to wait?
slik ?_?

i said before he is planning on importing but now it has been confirmed.

£535 for a GC, one controller, a memory card and Luigis Mansion. he will recieve it when it arrives at the shop. this is CA games in glasgow ( n64 magazine keeps on putting stuff in about ca games if anyone has seen that ) by the way in case anyone is planning on the same idea.
Sun 09/09/01 at 14:15
I might do my own preview on the Gamecube soon.

Monkey Ball is the game i'm most looking forward to.

Apparently Luigi's mansion Wave Race and Monkey Ball are getting Gold awards from the well respected famitsu magazine in Japan. It's only speculation though which was posted by a German and Sweedish site.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.