GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Gamecube! The Preview!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 17:52
Regular
I have posted this in the reviews section but i posted it here as well. So no complaining.

It's nearly here Nintendo Fans. The Nintendo Gamecube will be here 9 days from the day this review was written. So not long to wait now if you are planning on importing one.

Now the Gamecube will be a 4 player console that will come in a variety of colours including gold, silver, purple and red. Nintendo have also decided to go for the option of using CD's instead of their favourite, cartridges. The CD's won't be normal sized like the PS2 and X-Box. They will be mini CD's that ninty say will cost less to make and buy.

Now the games for the Gamecube are looking really good.

With Luigi's Haunted Mansion and Wave Race: Blue Storm as launch titles and Super Smash Brothers Melee and Rouge Leader on the way the future looks good for the GameCube.

Now there will also be a special Gamecube that will cost around £100 more than the original but it will play DVD's. Ninty probably didn't want to be left out of the DVD market as they're 2 rivals have opted to use DVD's.

The console has not yet been set a british price but it should be around £150. Quite a good price for a games console in this generation of games.

So if you really want a Gamecube then it is cheaper than any other console with better graohics so when it comes out. Buy it.

PS. You can pre-order it from Special Reserve for £20.

Thanks 4 reading, Afro
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I have posted this in the reviews section but i posted it here as well. So no complaining.

It's nearly here Nintendo Fans. The Nintendo Gamecube will be here 9 days from the day this review was written. So not long to wait now if you are planning on importing one.

Now the Gamecube will be a 4 player console that will come in a variety of colours including gold, silver, purple and red. Nintendo have also decided to go for the option of using CD's instead of their favourite, cartridges. The CD's won't be normal sized like the PS2 and X-Box. They will be mini CD's that ninty say will cost less to make and buy.

Now the games for the Gamecube are looking really good.

With Luigi's Haunted Mansion and Wave Race: Blue Storm as launch titles and Super Smash Brothers Melee and Rouge Leader on the way the future looks good for the GameCube.

Now there will also be a special Gamecube that will cost around £100 more than the original but it will play DVD's. Ninty probably didn't want to be left out of the DVD market as they're 2 rivals have opted to use DVD's.

The console has not yet been set a british price but it should be around £150. Quite a good price for a games console in this generation of games.

So if you really want a Gamecube then it is cheaper than any other console with better graohics so when it comes out. Buy it.

PS. You can pre-order it from Special Reserve for £20.

Thanks 4 reading, Afro
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:56
Regular
"Back For Good"
I thought the gamecube used 8cm dvd's and £150 haha doubt it mate not in England they'll put it up to £200.
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:57
Regular
There not Cds there mini DVDs.
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:02
Regular
U can use GBA's as controler pads as well. And has anyone seen SSX tricky it looks ace!!
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:08
Regular
SSX tricky does look good dosen't it, I think im gonna go for 1080 though, can't wait for that game.
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:17
Regular
Yeah it was by far the best snowboarder for the N64 and on Gamecube it would be fantabulas!!
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:22
Regular
Anyone heard of Doshin the Giant, it was gonna come out for the 64DD but it's comin out for the Gamecube now.
Thu 06/09/01 at 17:43
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I never knew the GC used mini-DVDs. I thought it used expanded minidiscs.
Fri 07/09/01 at 15:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The game I can't wait for is Star Wars : Rouge Leader. It looks damn amazing.
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:01
Regular
Rogue Leader is lacking in the multiplayer department.

Just one week before it arrives in Japan.
Is anyone here planning on importing one?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.