GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MAME 32"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/11/03 at 20:19
Regular
MAME 32 Arcade Emulator. A friend came round at the weekend with his PC, and on it he had this proggy, MAME32, along with hundreds of old Arcade ROMs.

I have a 700MHz P3 with Geforce MX440, and some of the games died a death on it, his is about 1.5GHz, and they all work fine on it, to give you an idea of what sort of speed PC you'll need to use them.

But I tell you, it's been great going through some old arcade classics - Paperboy, Mortal Kombat 2, Rampage, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pole Position(!), Killer Instinct, Arkanoid, Hang On, Outrun, Shinobi. the list goes on.

I believe they make arcade cabinets designed specifically to hold your PC. So you could have an unlimited amount of old arcade classics in your living room, via your PC, and perhaps it could double as a sound system. An idea anyway.

Don't know where he got the software itself, but I'm sure if you're interested, you could find it easily enough on the Web.

Retro Gaming at it's finest
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:07
Regular
"eat toast!"
hmm... all i know is edgeemu.com but they charge you for it. Not good.

So that leaves us with some dodgy websites that i don't know of. Just type in astrolander ROM and see what comes up. You could attempt WWW.mame.dk but i highly doubt it works.
Wed 10/03/04 at 15:59
Regular
I am trying to souce some roms for MAME32 - I know that there are 4000+ games but I dont need them all!

Is it possible that you could e-mail some to me? If not do you know where else I might get them? I have a broadband connection so download times are not a problem.

I especially want to get hold of Lunar Lander.

Cheers.
Thu 26/02/04 at 15:51
Regular
"eat toast!"
there was mame.dk but i think thats dead. Had hundreds of roms and emulators most of them in working order. I downloaded a whole lot onto a cd and i can enjoy them. Muahahaha
Thu 26/02/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Tellah wrote:
> Picked it up from a warehouse in Bournemouth for nothing. Needed to
> borrow my dad's van though. It would cost a fortune to send those
> things.
>
> I've been thinking about what I should put on my newly aquired
> webspace, and I might dedicate it to the creation of my cabinet.
>
> I'll post the link back here once it's built.

Well - I said I would... Now a couple of months down the line it is finished!

www.bazpatts.f2s.com
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:00
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hi borat - no worries mate, they're here if ya want them :)
Sun 07/12/03 at 09:16
Regular
"eat toast!"
I've got the alien vs predator arcade game but it doesn't work. I don't know which emulator version it would work on (the website didn't specify)

Can anyone whos got this rom and can run it tell me which verson thy are playing on?

Thanks and also anyone fought of using the genesis emulator (megadrive) its so much easier to use and the roms are mostly less then 1mb.
Sun 07/12/03 at 01:48
Regular
Yeah, much appreciated VM for that, as it is my friend (with the arcade set up) has come across a very large collection of roms for it - I don't think we've played through half of them yet!

So I'll leave it for now, but have noted down your e-mail address and may contact you about them in the near future.

Once again thanks!
Sat 06/12/03 at 13:58
Regular
"you've got a beard"
BORAT - sorry i've been away so long mate, been hella busy with work.
anyways, send me a mail to:

"ocean_machine_88 at hotmail dot com"
(up yours spam-bots! :) )

and i'll get your postal address for those MAME roms.
Sat 06/12/03 at 13:56
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Icarus wrote:
> These ROMS, are there any definitive sites to download from or are
> they constantly closing down/ changing?

ROMnation.net is class.
although it appears to be down at the mment.. DOH!
Sat 29/11/03 at 22:39
Regular
excellent - I may have a crack at building one myself

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.