GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo - what a game, what an ending..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:54
Regular
*SPOILER ALERT*

if you haven't completed halo, shut down your PC NOW!!!

anyway, now that's over...wow!

now that's the kind of ending that only comes once in a century. i mean, it's frantic, fun and dangerous, so nothing is wrong with it - and the end cutscene cleverly leaves the game open to tons of sequels. Xbox owners know that Halo 2 is coming soon, and hopefully to the PC thereafter.

so, what did you all think?
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:30
"High polygon count"
The rolling demo for the original Halo was might impressive, too. It was the reason I bought the Xbox. Big disappointment all round, really.
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Do you ever play it multiplayer though? Changes the game completely. co-op is mighty fun too!
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:50
"High polygon count"
Multiplayer on the same screen is a dead loss!

Have played co-op a few times, and it was fun for a while.
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
What yo on aboot mon!? Multiplayer is wicked! 4 people battling it out in their tiny little corner! 16 people linked up (although I have yet to do this), it's fricking awesome! Fun fun fun,.
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:56
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Nothing compares to 4v4 Frozen Throne.
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Explain to me what a Frozen Throne is...please.
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:03
Regular
"smile, it's free"
At my mate's house we have three XBoxes, and their neighbours have another two. All have Halo, and all have at least three pads. They're all linked up on the network thingy, so we often get 10-12 players or more on Halo.

That is bloody awesome, let me tell you.
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:42
"High polygon count"
monkey_man wrote:
> What yo on aboot mon!? Multiplayer is wicked!

When you can't see the other people on the same screen, yes! Knowing where the other person/people is/are ruins it for me personally.

I only know two other people who have an Xbox, who feel the same. And unfortunately none of us have either the money or the room to buy and install second TVs just for gaming!
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
True, I suppose. Can't you just wear an eyepatch or something?
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:57
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
monkey_man wrote:
> Explain to me what a Frozen Throne is...please.

Warcraft III expansion set...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.