GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What the hell is this forum?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/11/03 at 22:43
Regular
"bonnie"
Mario Kart, xbox 'stealing' GTA.

Imagine the uproar if PS 2 owners went shouting off in the xbox forum and Gamecube forum every time a good PS 2 game come out. It'ld be chaos.
Thu 13/11/03 at 14:36
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Unfortuately, some among us still haven't quite grasped
> the concept of personal preference, and still feel the need to diss
> the opposition at every available opportunity in order to make
> ourselves feel better about our choices...

True words, can't add anything to that!

And Wooks, I've virtually finished SSX 3, so will probably give that a rest for a while soon, and make a serious stab at Jak II, which I have to say, sounds better and better every time I read one of your posts! Also, how's the story coming along?
Thu 13/11/03 at 00:16
"High polygon count"
Still would. For me, anyway.

I've got Dino Crisis 3 (Xbox) on the way for Xmas, and apparently it's crud.

Unfortunately, the series didn't make it to PS2 thanks to MS snapping up the rights. But by the accounts given by Xbox owners in the Xbox forum, the PSone games were far better to play. And as I've always maintained - pretty graphics are nice, but playability will always be king.

And at least the PS2 version of True Crime doesn't seem to crash every few minutes depending on the type of DVD drive you have.

So it would seem we aren't the only ones with what many perceive as "unfinished" and "untested" software.

But at least we have far more to choose from.

Even owning all three consoles, games have been pretty dire all round this year.

Last Xbox purchase: Splinter Cell
Last Gamecube purchase: Metroid Prime
Last PS2 purchase: Jak II: Renegade

Most of my purchases in this last year have been for the PC. But I have just played through the awesome "Jak II", and next week there's "Ratchet & Clank: Locked & Loaded" - the first was awesome, and this is more of the same, so I ain't complaining.

At the end of the day, we all have our own tastes, likes and dislikes. Unfortuately, some among us still haven't quite grasped the concept of personal preference, and still feel the need to diss the opposition at every available opportunity in order to make ourselves feel better about our choices... even though no-one else really cares.
Wed 12/11/03 at 22:58
Regular
"Balls"
it would have 2 years ago, when PS2 was the only next gen console out.
Wed 12/11/03 at 22:55
Regular
the spanker wrote:
> Imagine the uproar if PS 2 owners went shouting off in the xbox forum
> and Gamecube forum every time a good PS 2 game come out.

Wouldn't happen that often if you think about it.
Wed 12/11/03 at 22:43
Regular
"bonnie"
Mario Kart, xbox 'stealing' GTA.

Imagine the uproar if PS 2 owners went shouting off in the xbox forum and Gamecube forum every time a good PS 2 game come out. It'ld be chaos.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.