GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart query..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:29
Regular
Quick and simple question, is the single player long enough and challenging enough to keep me happy? I have read so many bloody reviews, some saying the single player was pants and then others saying that multiplayer deathmatch was a massive let down but none have really answered what I wanted to know.

I am off to town tomorrow and its between Amped 2 and this but seeing as though Amped 2 has a killer offline mode as well as an online mode which smashes it I want to know what Mario Kart has on offer from purely a >>>>>>SINGLE PLAYER<<<<<< point of view.

Multiplayer won't be played as for the very few times I actually bother playing GameCube multiplyer (or offline multiplayer on any platform) it will be either on my Xbox or PS2 (the latter only used for Pro Evolution 3). As it stands I am set to get Amped 2 but having gotten bored of my last few Cube games (or the majority for that matter) I want to give Mario Kart a chance before I offload my Cube.

Any information regarding length, difficulty and the overall "Mario Kart" feel aimed at the single player would be appreciated, cheers.
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:49
Regular
Ye got Viewtiful Joe on release and twas great fun at first but now its just boring to play. I will probably go with Amped 2 and get Project Gotham when its released onthe 28th. Will most likely rent Mario Kart tomorrow night to see what its like.
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you're after single player F Zero is a much better bet.
But if racing's not what you fancy, then Viewtiful Joe comes highly reccommended by everyone who plays it.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:38
Regular
F Zero was an option as frm what I have gathered it has a pretty solid single player. Thing is LIVE is where all my multiplayer gaming goes so everything I buy for my Cube and PS2 is mainly aimed at single player. Was hoping Mario Kart might offer a pretty in-depth single player.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you like racing single players, you'll find it hard to beat F Zero.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Now, after reading the actual post, Mario Kart minus multiplayer wouldn't be as long as a game like, say, F-Zero GX.

Satisfying enough. But multiplay takes it that little bit further.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:35
Regular
That last bit about the single player was aimed at Mario Kart.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:34
Regular
Its the single player side I will get it for. Amped 2 will keep me playing for bloody yonks but the reviews I have read have been far too inconsistent with their analysis of the single player.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you don't like multiplayer, don't get it.

But you're mad if you don't like Multiplayer after Mario Kart.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Single player is better than it was in Mario Kart 64. Depth-wise, you could complete it in a couple of days if you tried, but you'll be so wrapped up in multiplayer you'll forget the single player is there.

It's not looking as big as it could have been, with only 20 courses and 3 difficulties (that I know of), but there's a lot to unlock.

Oh, and did I say multiplayer is great? :-D
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:29
Regular
Quick and simple question, is the single player long enough and challenging enough to keep me happy? I have read so many bloody reviews, some saying the single player was pants and then others saying that multiplayer deathmatch was a massive let down but none have really answered what I wanted to know.

I am off to town tomorrow and its between Amped 2 and this but seeing as though Amped 2 has a killer offline mode as well as an online mode which smashes it I want to know what Mario Kart has on offer from purely a >>>>>>SINGLE PLAYER<<<<<< point of view.

Multiplayer won't be played as for the very few times I actually bother playing GameCube multiplyer (or offline multiplayer on any platform) it will be either on my Xbox or PS2 (the latter only used for Pro Evolution 3). As it stands I am set to get Amped 2 but having gotten bored of my last few Cube games (or the majority for that matter) I want to give Mario Kart a chance before I offload my Cube.

Any information regarding length, difficulty and the overall "Mario Kart" feel aimed at the single player would be appreciated, cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.